Two German Reviews...

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by thelordofthenoobs, September 11, 2014.

?

The reviews we saw so far are...

1. ...too positive.

11.8%
  2. ...too negative.

13.7%
  3. ...exactly the way I expected them to be.

52.9%
  4. ...biased.

9.8%
  5. ...unfair.

13.7%
  6. ...awesome.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. ...bacon.

21.6%
  8. I don't care! Why are there so many poll responses?!

13.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

But will Valve put PA on the frontpage of Steam again with every new update?
    drz1 likes this.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

With a suitable promotion I think they will (note that a promotion has accompanied each update) :)
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the gamestartester complains that superweapons are a must to win yet at the same time complains that there arent experimentals? lol wut? ...
    but ok both have reasonable critics to be honest
    the pcgamesarticle feels a bit more fairer

i just resently made a threat about possible future gameplay consisting of an ammount of ideas from the forum .. i think at least contentwise that should help PA to be more intresting in the future ...
    Last edited: September 11, 2014
    EdWood and igncom1 like this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i can however already see what is going to piss me of the most
    "UHHH don´t want to say "told ya" but told ya ! SupCom´s better bla bla, PA shouldn´t have been ma ... " shuuuut uuuup smartass, you have no idea what these devs realy provided here and put your storydriven campaign were the sun doesn´t shine ...
    Last edited: September 11, 2014
  5. radongog

radongog Well-Known Member

I like this part in the Eurogamer-Review:

"Im Zwei-gegen-zwei(-gegen-zwei-gegen-zwei-gegen-zwei) mit einem Freund im Ohr zu kooperieren, mit optional geteilter oder getrennter Armee vorzugehen und sich abzusprechen, wohin man expandiert und wie man den Sieg herbeiführen sollte, war eines der befriedigendsten Spielerlebnisse in diesem Jahr."

In rough english: The CooperativeMultiplayer is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences we had within this year!

http://www.eurogamer.de/articles/2014-09-10-planetary-annihilation-test
    Remy561 likes this.
  6. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

Yeah. this review is a lot more positive :)

I will add it to the OP.
  7. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Uhm I think both german reviews are kind of what I expected but at the same time also (like expected as well) kind of uninformed and biased. No updates for units, well that was known from the very beginning that this is not going to happen. Bugs, yes, no comment against that, but no one mentions that certain "missing features" will come later... just nothing mentioned there... really bad.
    Rush strats or simple meta game? Excuse me, SC2 has Zerg rushes, no one complains about that, which game can smash maps into each other?

I think the reviews are bad, they don't get the game at all so it seems. It is sad that they comment on things they have not really played, fully understood or tested.
  8. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

"the reviews we saw so far are bacon" xD ....I'm sorry but that's all you'll get from me.
    Remy561 and varrak like this.
  9. thelordofthenoobs

thelordofthenoobs Well-Known Member

10. Aliessil

Aliessil Active Member

What some people seem to be forgetting is that these days, gamers fall into one of three categories, with each being substantially larger than the previous group.

The first is us lot; people who have no problem looking things up online, working things out for themselves, etc.

The second is our friends; they either don't bother or don't know how to do what we do, but they have no problem asking for or taking advice from us.

The third group is everyone else.

Unfortunately so far the reviewers and people who're reading the reviews seem to fall into the third group. About all we can do is spread the word to everyone in groups 1 & 2 who aren't already playing. Maybe group 3 will have another look next year, when Uber have added more of the features we're all hoping for.
    drz1 likes this.
  11. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

It all depends on the memory or fickleness of people that have observed the rather tumultuous launch period we are experiencing right now.
    I guesstimate that implementing features that people complained about the absence of would attract, say, half of those people back? Then some fresh new people who weren't aware of the problems in the first place. Maybe the same again?
    cdrkf likes this.