Reckless use of grapples should be punished.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by d-roy, February 7, 2011.

1. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

Like the thread name says: I think the person whoever failed to grapple his opponent to be punished
    by some sort of cooldown on his secondary weapon grapples. :geek:

It would force careful use of grappling. Which I think this game lacks due to the huge armor boost you
    get while grappling and the ability to just spam your grapple till you succeed.

Another way would be to completely remove the armor boost except for ability-grapples.

Just my 2 cents. :|
  2. fischbs

fischbs New Member

I wouldn't mind a SMALL cooldown (1 - 2 seconds) on grapple just to prevent grapple spam, but I don't really mind it either, though I play assault 90% of the time so I can just hover to avoid it anyways. :3
  3. faits

faits New Member

grapples do have cooldowns if you miss, iirc
  4. eternal

eternal New Member

Grapples are punished if used recklessly, its about a 1 second CD where if you miss your grapple you are unable to do anything except move/jump.

Its not a terribly effective punishment, but it is there.
  5. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Effective enough to cause death for an assassin, escape for anyone else, and plenty to follow a grapple with your own grapple.

However, some classes have two grapples. Gunners and snipers both have a skill grapple and a secondary grapple. They can use the lvl1 red-skill-grapple, followed by a secondary weapon grapple. Very effective for buying time, like on juicers.
  6. spirit

spirit New Member

Sounds like a 'take-your-turn' RPG. :)

Seems like the time wasted is punishment enough. If you didn't see them beforehand, they just gave away their biggest advantage. If you saw them beforehand, whats the problem?

They're giving you time to blast them in the face. Take advantage of that.
  7. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Well that's a first. A suggestion someone wanted is already in the game. Good job Uber! You guys sure work fast!
  8. d-roy

d-roy Active Member

Hm, just ran a few games and tried it out. Wasn't aware that the little "animation" WAS the cooldown. I always thought it was the entire grapple duration.

My bad. :?

But I still think the armor buff should be removed during grapples. :|
  9. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

Why? A Gunner and Tank can already kill an Assassin even with the so called buff. Now you think it should be removed?
  10. Vleessjuu

Vleessjuu New Member

I always do it the other way around: first secondary alternate grapple, then the skill grapple to throw them away.