$1000 backers are making their money back

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by duncane, September 11, 2014.

1. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I'm an early backer (Kickstarter- from 2012, ie before Feb 2014) so I'm putting myself in that category.

There are a number of 'reward commanders' which go for early access as follows:

Alpha: Kickstarter backers over $90
    Progenitor: Kickstarter backers over $50
    Detla: Kickstarter backers over $90 + Cosmic package for Alpha access direct from Uber store (not steam).
    Theta: All purchases before release build.

Those are the reward commanders. I'm not sure where your getting Ajax from?

There are a number of reward commanders available for *other purchases* and they are only applicable to those (e.g. 'Armlisk' com for Early Access box edition). Backers don't automatically get those.

Edit: I think I've seen Ajax mentioned in some other threads, there are some people waiting for that com (not in files yet?) however you can only expect to get it *if you purchased the version of the game that includes it*.
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well actually I believe it said we get Ajax on the "What commander do I get?" thing
  3. cdrkf

Ah ok, well in that case awesome (don't suppose you could link that Squishy?)... :)
  4. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Wait wrong Ajax.
    squishypon3 and cdrkf like this.
  5. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Is Ajax the holiday comm we were promised as early backers? Could be cool!
  6. cdrkf

Ok so I've searched for this and the *only* sources of information I can find that state we get ajax are community sources not the devs.

Please please show me some dev content that actually shows this- no offence to anyone who has posted this stuff, just I can see a big **** storm brewing if this (community created) information isn't actually the case.
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

8. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

So if almost all said yes. We have what? like 3-5 custom commanders for sale. That means according to my amazing math skills. 1337. That there will be coming like 96-98 more commanders in the armory?.

That is a alot of COMMANDERS.
  9. cdrkf

This is my point- there is nothing *I can find* that confirms this. We as a community, whilst very well meaning, have sometimes jumped the gun a little with these things. So I think it's safer to be of the opinion that *we're not all automatically entitled to any new commanders by whatever name* unless the devs have *clearly stated otherwise*.

It's one thing to get annoyed at Uber for not delivering something clearly promised (although probably frustrating for them when in most cases the *are working on it*). That is at least understandable. However it wouldn't be acceptable of us to cause a massive row over something *we assumed* or otherwise came up with ourselves...
  10. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Now I hate myself for not backing 1k. This is awesome, the commanders actually sell? xD
    ace63, cdrkf and drz1 like this.
  11. duncane

duncane Active Member

Apparently. If we assume $10 is the average price per com it only takes 100 purchases (duh MATHS) to get your $1000 back. Then of course there is the "long tail" of purchases over the next few years. Anyway interesting for future kickstarter games.
  12. liquius

liquius Well-Known Member

That assumes Uber don't take a share of the money, that is not the case.
    squishypon3 and drz1 like this.
  13. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

There's not many possibilities about highly successful purchasable commanders. 3 have high visibility in the market. I personally thinks the armalisk (which is not advertised) is the best seller, and I love it. Couldn't wait for Knight's one, but looking forward to it too.
  14. duncane

duncane Active Member

Even better. If Uber takes a 30% cut then it means around 140 purchases which from the article appear to be happening.
  15. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Yeah I guess the backers whose commanders was put on sale first are at a pretty good advantage
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  16. adoghost

adoghost Active Member

17. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Hmm... Duncane... That name sounds very familiar. Did you make a mod/map/something significant for SupCom? Anyway, this makes me extremely happy.
  18. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I've said it before but it is important to realize that there is now a portion of people who are literally obsessed with complaining about PA. Not just complaining but actively politiking about how it is literally the worst thing since Hitler and everyone who loves it are retarted nazis. You cannot fight these people, they are not looking for answers, they don't even respect basic logic or facts. All you can do is leave an equal or greater number of positive and mature comments to show readers the obvious idiocy.
    drz1 likes this.
  19. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

We shall fight them on the beaches...
    squishypon3 likes this.
  20. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Wouldn't the analogy imply we were on the defensive? DDay?