Question concerning content for Beta buyers.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by verzagen, September 10, 2014.

1. verzagen

verzagen New Member

What exactly should I have in terms of content? I see something about a Armalisk Commander and buying before release but can't seem to find solid information. I bought PA for $60 while it was still in beta and all I know I have gotten is the sound track. Is there still content that has yet to be released for my "buyer group" or is that it?

Thanks.
  2. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

You should have also gotten the theta-commander, some wallpaper, and something else i believe.
  3. verzagen

verzagen New Member

I do have the Theta commander, not sure where I would find the wallpaper (possibly where it was installed on my computer?), and I assume the other thing was just the sound track? What was the criteria for the Armalisk Commander?
  4. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

Retail early access I believe. You had to buy the boxed copy.
    drz1 likes this.
  5. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Armalisk is a Kickstarter backer commander i believe, or it is on sale in the armory. Or both.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

No, it's for a boxed edition.
    drz1 likes this.
  7. verzagen

verzagen New Member

That's a damn shame. I really like the looks of that commander too. Instead all I get for the price of two of the game is the (arguably very generic/weird looking) Theta commander?
  8. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Okay
  9. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

I guess some like Theta, some not. I kinda like it, and it is unique to only early access/backers.
    drz1 likes this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

The prices charged for Alpha and Beta access were in line with the prices during the Kickstarter (where there was only a promise of a game). Uber have done this to be fair to their early backers (rightly so I might add) although it did cause some complaints on Steam when it first came out (Alpha access cost $90!).

All *early backers* get Theta. People buying now don't get that commander though so it is fairly exclusive. Kickstarter backers also got Progenitor and Alpha depending on level of pledge. Uber have subsequently offered a few other exclusives for the *retail early access edition* and also a *digital deluxe edition* so there are a fair few other commanders available however these aren't being given to early access or Kickstarter backers. We can buy them though (and they hinted they will probably make many of them available to buy in the armoury eventually).

I think the point is though, backing the game early isn't really about value for money, rather helping fund the game! I put quite a bit of money in during the Kickstarter, I don't mind that though as without people like us there would be no game.
    masterevar likes this.