Grapple Endorsement (suggestion)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by tinygod, February 7, 2011.

1. tinygod

tinygod New Member

EDIT: Change numbers to be more on par with my intention, which is NOT to nerf anyone class, but rather to force them to slot for specific strengths, instead of simply to cover their weakness's

Gold grapple = 110% grapple dmg, throw distance, Grapple Cooldown recover
    Silver Grapple= 105% grapple dmg, throw distance, Grapple Cooldown recover
    Bronze Grapple = 100% Grapple dmg, throw distance, Grapple Cooldown recover
    No endrosement = 90% of Grapplle Dmg, thorwdistancee, grapple cooldown recovery

Essentially Bronze should leave grapples the way they are, gold make them better, Silver makes them slightly better, no make them slightly worse.

These numbers are not FIRM, I just threw them out for effect.. Basically the best way to determine the real numbers would cause the following.

using assassin as an example as his back grapple does the most damage..

GOLD BACK GRAPPLE: Should kill a tank, in silver armor or less, it should NOT kill a tank in gold armor

SILVER BACK GRAPPLE: Should kill a tank in bronze armor or less, it should NOT kill a tank in Silver armor or greater

BRONZE BACK GRAPPLE: would be the way it is now

NO ENDORSEMENT BACK GRAPPLE: SHOULD Not be able to kill an Assault in Gold armor or below.

Anyways, i'm sure this will get a lot of hate, but its intersting, and I like the idea. As it makes people have to spec into grapples.. I would run Gold Grapple on my assault for instance.. or my Sin.. or maybe even my Sniper. I would run atleast bronze on most people, but no on a tank for instance, or a support.
    Last edited: February 7, 2011
  2. The Gentlemanly Pyro

The Gentlemanly Pyro New Member

So your saying nerf the assassins most powerful form of attack and make them take endorsements so they can be a threat?

No.
  3. Agent

Agent New Member

With your current setup for Assassins, you're almost completely nerfing their killing ability. For it to work, you'd have to nerf almost every other class because they all have an escape mechanism. There's a reason why you can't kill Gunners and Tanks in 1 grapple, while Assaults, Supports, Snipers, and Assassins will all die to front/back grapples. If you take out the Assassins grapple ability, not only will you get shutdown by every other classes escape mechanism, you won't be viable at all and during your 75% dmg grapples are open to death from everyone.
  4. timmy TED

timmy TED New Member

the you nerf the sniper and and gunner at the same time
  5. tinygod

tinygod New Member

It was not my intention (again) to nerf assassin.. I reworded the OP and changed numbers to be more on par with my intention.. which is simply to make assassins and Assaults SLOT for their amazing grapples (gunners and snipers too), if they intended on using them as major forms of attack.. if not it really wouldn't matter.

An assassin could easily not slot this and still farm bots and turrets all day.. an assault could not take it and still use bombs and the launch from his charge..

my major gripe is that 3 endrosements have become so previlant its rediculous

Armor, skill rechrage, rate of fire.

those 3 are HUGE, the others are take as filler, for instance gunners often take accuracy in silver or bronze because of Skill recharges laughable difference in silver and bronze ratings.. at least this way grapple would become a common bronze, and this would allow sins to become really powerful if they speced away from taking on bots and turrets and focused (gold grapple) on hunting players.

Truth is grapples are all ready really poweful, so much so that I feel that all grapples in their current damage out put ring out capabilities deserve at least a bronze rating.
    Last edited: February 7, 2011
  6. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Assassins are a threat to Turrets and bots without endorsements, and even with no grapple endorsement (given new numbers) would still kill anything below a gold armored assault.

They would only be required to slot a bronze (with the changes I made), to be the way they are now, most Sins slot bronze irregularly anyways, currently they dont need bronze, they need Amor/ROF and what ever they feel like..
  7. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I personally think the discussion on the assassin's lunge may yield more reliable results than a new endorsement. Changing numbers on the grapple may be a little too extreme.
  8. tinygod

tinygod New Member

Perhaps.. I started this thread, more to simply see if we can get some more relevant endrosements to the class, as right now assassin really only needs armor and the rest are really not needed at all..

meaning he gets 2 free boost skills that effect all aspects of the class, unlike say a gunner who has to take accuracy to remain a threat at certain ranges...
  9. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin New Member

The rest are only not needed if you're a terrible herpty derpty assassin chasing pro kills all game and hiding in corners.
  10. tinygod

tinygod New Member

right..

I mean an actual game changing assassin could easily get like maybe 2 or 3 kills the entire game, because he only takes out pros who are threatening his bot lane directly, and doesnt go out of his way to do it.

Silver armor and ROF to some extent are all he needs, which is why I'd like to see him slot something bronze or silver that might actually make him better at hunting pros.. if thats what hes choosing to do, or to not slot it and focus on what he should be doing at the expense of not being able to hunt pros when hes distracted from his job.
  11. cyzmyass

cyzmyass New Member

Worst endorsement idea anybody has ever come up with on the forums.
  12. Zero

Zero New Member

Assassins are the easiest class in the game to kill, have hard counters in many other classes, and have very little killing potential compared to most others (compare tank/gunner's health and jet gun's/minigun's insanity vs an instant kill every 15 seconds or so on very specific classes without gold armor, or all but gold armor tanks from behind..when passive is level 3, not to mention how easily you're killed by a nearby teammate during). None of the other classes have massive situational restrictions on their killing ability, nor giant cooldowns on them.

Hell, sword's damage, even from behind, is pathetic compared to other not-as-short-range weapons, minigun will instagib any assassin at short/medium range but won't do nearly as much compared to the sword, she's barely got any power against other players as is with the prevalance of gold and silver armor.
  13. Waddle Waddle

Waddle Waddle New Member

Assassin's everywhere are writing your name on a sticky note and posting it to their desk.

No. God no.