New Dedicated server files via HldsUpdateTool

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Bad-Tactix, February 5, 2011.

1. Bad-Tactix

Bad-Tactix New Member

Hi there,

have just installed the mncds using HldsUpdateTool however when i launch the server it comes up with a warning
    failed to load 'class hostilecontent.hcgameeventreationscontent' : failed to find object ' class Hostilecontent.HGameEventReactionsContent'

looking in the cookedpcserver folder there is no "hostilecontent.u" like there is in the cooked pc under a steam install.
    the server continues to set up but can not be located in the server browser.

the server is running on a dedicated box with static ip and 7777 added as a port exception to the firewall

any thoughts on what I need to do to get this up and running and visible in the game server browser?
  2. GoNz0

GoNz0 New Member

easy out is to install the game and run it prior to launcing the dedi, i also had to click the dedi server exe and let that do its thing before the games became visible in the browser.

it is not a true stand alone yet, not to the extent where you can deploy a dedi to a rack server and expect it to run.
  3. sac0o01

sac0o01 New Member

I am a little lost at what you are saying here...

I installed it with HLDS and now have all the files in C:\srcds\INSTALLDIR\binaries\win32
    I edited the hostileaccess at C:\srcds\INSTALLDIR\hostilegame\config

Now when I try to run the mncds - instance 0 - standard.bat file all I get is a window that opens and then immediately closes again.

What am I missing? I am running this on Windows Server 2008
  4. Atreus

Atreus New Member

I am experiencing this *EXACT* issue. After I first tried it, I thought maybe my modifications were causing something, so I deleting everything and re-downloading it for a 100% completely fresh slate, and the same thing happens. I tried setting it to not disable echos and added a "Pause" in, but there were still no hints or details whatsoever as to what was wrong.

Edit: I should note that there is one difference - I am on Windows Server 2008 R2.
  5. SpikerNoob

SpikerNoob New Member

I feel your pain. Having run TF2 servers since the game launched, I found myself a little lost with this server type. Here is my batch file that works. Just use change the server name and you should be fine.

Code:
    @start mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?MinNumToStart=1?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?MinNumToStart=6?ServerDescription="HKCentral.net #2" -ServerInstance=3 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir
    I could not get the servers to display in the server browser until I changed the ServerInstance to 2 or higher. So I have two servers running and the instance of the first server is 2 and the second one is 3.

If anyone knows the command to change the dedicated server type displayed on the server browser, I would appreciate it.
  6. Bad-Tactix

Bad-Tactix New Member

I got the servers to show in the browser I'm using the 0 instance bat file with just a description change at the moment for testing.

the dedi is running Windows Server 2008 r2 & what worked for me was the port access on the firewall

after reading http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=6406

I've gone and changed the port acces from tcp 7777 to

TCP 27000-27050
    UDP 27000-27050
    TCP 7777-7780
    UDP 7777-7780

magically it became visible in the server browser.

my instance 0 bat file is
    Code:
    @start mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?MinNumToStart=6?ServerDescription="[GhsT] Ghosts of Chaos Clan Blitz" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir
    GoNz0 thanks for the advice however installing the entire steam client on the dedicated server along with the full game just isn't going to cut it. The warning appears but the server still appears to run so I think I'll just sit tight on it for now.

Sorry guys I can't help with the box opening and closing straight away as I can't replicate.
  7. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

hey guys, so I saw the recent update allowed for dedicated server setup but can't really find any great tutorials on how to set this up. So I found bits and pieces here and there to get it kind of up and running. Well, it is running but no one can join it. Some people say it shows up on their browser list, while other can't see it(including myself) I believe I have the correct ports forwarded from a post I saw on here with TCP and UDP port ranges. But for some reason when someone tries to join it doesn't let them and I don't know why. Here is the error that occurs at the bottom saying they are being disconnected:
    [​IMG]

Here are the ports in the firewall opened up:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, here is my launch code:
    Code:
    @start binaries/win32/mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=False?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=1?ClassLimitTank=1?ClassLimitSupport=1?ClassLimitAssassin=1?ClassLimitGunner=1?ClassLimitSniper=1?MinNumToStart=2?ServerDescription="[USA] Gaming || MNC Highlander Server" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir
  8. sac0o01

sac0o01 New Member

I give up, I have run dedicated servers on everything from Quake based to COD series to every Source based game out there. This thing has beaten me.

I have tried every combination of command line and the server just won't fire. I am afraid I have wasted enough time with it.

I'll just stick to my TF2 servers...
  9. GossamerSolid

GossamerSolid New Member

Yeah the new dedicated servers don't seem to work. I had it working fine via the old clumsy I'll download it on steam way. Now I can't even connect to my server via the HLDSUpdaterTool one...
  10. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We have twenty servers running using the HLDSUpdateTool. Did you try the template files that we supplied with it? I just tried it at home and worked right out of the box. Please take a look at the supplied template batch files and settings because they are different than the standard commandline options we shipped before.

They're in the \binaries\win32 folder.

mncds - instance 0 - standard.bat

Here's a sample:

@start mncds.exe server HostileLobby?game=HostileGame.HGameInfo_PreGameLobby?bAllowJuicePurch=True?bAllowBotPurch=True?bAllowHazards=True?bAllowMascot=True?bAllowCustomClass=True?bAllowChangeClass=True?bForceRndClass=False?bIsLanMatch=False?bIsDedicated=True?bAllowTeamSelect=True?bAutoBalance=True?MatchDuration=2?OTDuration=2?ClassLimitAssault=6?ClassLimitTank=6?ClassLimitSupport=6?ClassLimitAssassin=6?ClassLimitGunner=6?ClassLimitSniper=6?MinNumToStart=6?ServerDescription="MNCDS - Standard" -ServerInstance=0 -log=DedicatedServer.log -STEAM_DEDSERVER -seekfreeloadingserver -nohomedir
  11. dustoff

dustoff New Member

I am having no problems running it off of hlds. even did 5 installs per box .

you need to use the command line format as in the examples in dir .

pay attention to the first part and the last part of the command line they are important.

also install the files in a clean directory , i found they dont work if you try to update the old system via hlds it really needs to be a clean install
  12. sac0o01

sac0o01 New Member

What exactly am I looking for there?
  13. Atreus

Atreus New Member

I tried completely clearing out the MNC server, doing a fresh download, and tried to run one of the stock batch files again, to no avail. Heck, I even tried copying your command line, and it still failed miserably. I have been running many different kinds of servers for a long time, now, and this is the first time I've had an issue anything like this. I really, really want to run an MNC server, but all the failed attempts to figure out what's wrong is tiring :( I guess I'll attach an image of what it looks like, yet to be configured, I guess:
    [​IMG]
  14. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

Okay, so I tried using the stock standard server like the one you ad said to use. It does show a few different things in the command line once it's starts up. But I'm still getting this steam error when people try to join and it just kicks them right back out. :/

[​IMG]

Now, this is n't the first time I've ran a dedicated server, we are also running 2 Team Fortress 2 servers on that same box and those are even harder to setup with sourcemod and the likes. So really I don't see why this is giving me so many problems with all ports forwarded and people can't connect and it's not showing up on the list. =(

EDIT: Okay, so it seems as if it is working now, at least I believe cause it shows 12 people at the top so i'm assuming it's full. But I don't know how they got into it cause the server isn't showing up in the browser list for myself. Any reason I can't find my own server? Lol Also when I try to connect vie IP:port I get a 'Your connection to the host has been lost' 'Returning to Main Menu'
    [​IMG]
  15. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Check your map filter and if you can't connect it's because the game is full.
  16. XxSpawn

XxSpawn New Member

I checked the map filter and it is set to all, I did notice that my standard server is showing up now, must just take a little bit of time to register in the server browser, but whats also weird is only my stardard server is showing up, the highlander one seems to be not there, and I also found it odd that my standard server was automatically added to my favorites, does this happen by default when you try to connect to it via IP?
  17. sac0o01

sac0o01 New Member

To anybody on Server 2008 that cannot get this to run...

Make sure you have direct x installed. By default it is not in the load for Server 2008. (Not typically needed on a server)

Server at least fires now. Hopefully tomorrow I can actually get it online.
  18. Shanrak

Shanrak New Member

I am also getting the "Warning, Failed to load 'Class HostileContent.HGameEventReactionContent': Failed to find object 'Class HostileContent.HGameEventReactionsContent'" when I try to run the included mncds - instance 0 - standard.bat script that comes with the HLDS download.

Also my server is not showing up, although starting the server via the steam method works.
  19. Atreus

Atreus New Member

I can't believe that not having DirectX was our problem. One would think you'd get *some* kind of error, rather than it just not opening :/

However, I am now getting the "Warning, Failed to load 'Class HostileContent.HGameEventReactionContent': Failed to find object 'Class HostileContent.HGameEventReactionsContent' error of the poster above me now.

edit: Is there any way to find this to a certain IP on the machine, similar to srcds' +ip switch?