Orbital Anti Nuke

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by Caricifus, September 8, 2014.

1. Caricifus

Caricifus Member

Hey Uber,
    Just wondering about the possibility of getting an orbital antinuke facility of some kind? Really frustrating to have an entire orbital economy go poof instantly on a gas giant without any possibility of a defense.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

+12 to better nuke gameplay.

+40000000000.2 for having aa or anti-orbital weapons be able to do light anti-nuke work.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Since we have jigs now, it probably is necessary to have orbital anti-nukes.
    igncom1 likes this.
  4. optica1x

optica1x Member

Anti - IPBM lazors plz!
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I'm not so sure. I'll be back after playing some relevant games to see if it's even worth building.
  6. Caricifus

Caricifus Member

I went a build where I was just messing about and went an almost entirely orbital based economy. It was a lot of fun to set up and manage. I had something like 30 jigs supported by many fighters and anchors and they were wiped out by a few nukes that I could do nothing to defend against. Game-play wise it is really frustrating to watch all of that work disappear at once.

I don't know if they should be lasers or counter-missiles but there needs to be some sort of adjustment.
  7. weaponsman217

weaponsman217 New Member

Sounds great but I could only see using it on gas giants. It would make nuke much more interesting though.
  8. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

spread out your jigs.

You got a HUGE planet to build them on, make use of it. Makes a single nuke vastly ineffective.
  9. Caricifus

Caricifus Member

I actually make the Gas giants as small as possible because I'll do anything to eke out better performance. I have done the spread out version as well but just a few nukes need to be used then to wreck all of my hopes and dreams.

Besides, that is not the point... the response should not be, "I need to simply take the loss". There should be something I can do about it, some defensive unit to protect my investment.
  10. stevenrs11

stevenrs11 Active Member

Also, why nuke jigs? Just send avengers, because jigs only have 500 health. Totally impossible to stop suicide avengers teleporting in on top of jigs.
  11. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Gas giants use very little resources, all it is is a moving texture. It's much less resource intensive than any other planet.
  12. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I would go one step further and say: Mobile, orbital anti nuke.

The reason is simple:
    No mater how hard you try to make a beachhead on the enemy planet, the enemy could just counter it with one nuke and wipe out ground and orbital forces at once (not the mention the teleporter).
    With a mobile anti-nuke you could defend your gas giant jigs and your ground beachhead. And if I see it right you still need enough of them for proper area coverage.