Galactic War frozen on boss fight. Sad face.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by boylobster, September 5, 2014.

1. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

So, I was having an interesting run in GW, Uber scale, Relentless difficulty, and I traveled to the system harboring the orange faction leader. On attempting to fight, I'm taken to the pre-loading screen and... wait there for eternity.

I've closed the program and restarted it over and over to no avail - same problem each time. No mods running. F5 will refresh the flavor text, i.e. "Calculating Approach Vector", etc, but that's it. Since I can't move to a different system, the game is effectively over.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  2. deletedscenes

deletedscenes New Member

Same problem here. The loading screen just hangs when attempting the fight. Same problem after reloading. Now I can't finish my campaign that was going really well. Hope this is a priority for patching.
  3. boylobster

boylobster Active Member

Right? I feel as though it might be a server connection issue, because a few times of the times I've force-quit and restarted, PA informs me that I'm still in a match and offers the chance to reconnect. When I try to do that, however, instead of hanging, it soon delivers the "Cannot Connect to Server" error.

Anyone else?
  4. armitageshanks86

armitageshanks86 New Member

Having the same problem, tried restarting as Orange faction to see if it was a workaround but you get the same frozen loading screen coming into the Galactic War.
  5. Soushi

Soushi New Member

Same issue here.
    armitageshanks86, any luck with 'workaround'? Disregard that.
    Last edited: September 9, 2014
  6. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

What you describes seems different and more like this

As for the original issue (orange boss fight), how much time did you get it loading ? I do remember it takes longer than usual, but I ended a GW this week end playing as blue
  7. Soushi

Soushi New Member

Oh... I tried once again this morning and it actually loaded the mission. It took 12 minutes, though.
  8. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Good to hear.
    From my understanding, it may be related to the specific biome type (damaged metal planet), because a similar system (same number on planets / same radius) seems to load way faster.
  9. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This is common enough for Uber to should look into. I am pretty sure something is the matter with orange. Now, luckily I play AS them, when I stream, because early on I earned all their loadouts so there is no reason to play against them when the taking is good for other faction leaders.

Orange causes a crash for the general commander as well on loading, but I can load in with artillery commander and since first choice I never had a crash. Other factions don't seem to. That is what my experience is, with the lack of the problem. I appreciate everyone who did have this problem though, good find.