[REL] PA Stats (Decommissioned)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cola_colin, August 15, 2013.

1. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Sure, but too far away from a game, especially with a smaller online population, and no one uses it because it takes too long to get a game. I'd say 3-5min is the limit on people waiting, they won't wait 12 they'll just go setup a lobby instead.
    totalannihilation and reptarking like this.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

well the whole point is to NOT match the top player with 1600 dude. So they really only should meet after a bit of waiting. If you take 2 people around 1600 they will meet after 0 to 60 seconds.
  3. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I'll get on it. Right now I'm not sure if it might be best to let it settle, let people learn the game and wait a few days after release to be pushing for this.
  4. cola_colin

Looking at the logs there are a lot of cases where people would've gotten a game if they had waited 1 more minute. Maybe I'll slightly speed matching tomorrow or I'll make it that the search shows you something like "If nobody enters or leaves the pool of players right now, you'll get a match in X minutes"
  5. lockysmile

lockysmile New Member

Hey ! Sorry if i disturb the main subject but i don't know where i can post for that :

My Pastats account noticed me " player inactive " what does that mean because i'm still alive ? My nickname has changed a little ( Tag added ). I have to create a new account ?

Thanks for your help/advice and sorry for my poor english ^^"
  6. cola_colin

If you play a game or two and wait a bit it should go away.
  7. lockysmile

lockysmile New Member

I've waited a week :/ and there is no address mail to contact Illmaren.
  8. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Best place to get Illmaren is on IRC.
    totalannihilation and reptarking like this.
  9. lockysmile

lockysmile New Member

Thanks i'll try :)
  10. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

Seems there is a bug somewhere that causes my recent win on a 2v2 game to show up as a loss on the 2v2 ladder, both for me and my friend. I posted in the ladder thread, but they sent me here:

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/rel-planetary-automatic-ladder.54692/page-8#post-994775

Any ideas on what might be going wrong?
  11. cola_colin

Some weirdness for 2vs2 games. I'll keep this tab open and take care of it within the next few days.
  12. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

13. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

@cola_colin it would be cool if there was a way in the lobby to see who has and doesn't have PA stats running. Some kind of icon or indicator next to their name. Also have you talked with Uber about the competitive patch timeline?
    Fr33Lancer, burntcustard and Murcanic like this.
  14. cola_colin

Sounds like a cool feature, noted to do after I'll finish up the rewrite of the matchmaking code.
    Nope no idea about Ubers plans, but I am sure they first point on their list is to fix all sorts of bugs and ensure a stable game. Hopefully after that servers. Tbh I prefer a server release over a ladder by Uber. Though the ladder is directly after the server in my list of priorities ^^
  15. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

Do you mean the server lobby, or a particular game lobby ?
    In the latter case, I think @cptconundrum 's mod "Lobby Rank" already does that, and provides more info (the actual rank).
    Didn't test lately, so can't vouch it works with current release.
  16. mayhemster

mayhemster Well-Known Member

@Fr33Lancer
    Lobby ranks hasn't worked now for a few patches.
    Fr33Lancer likes this.
  17. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

It's broken. I've let a lot of my mods die because I couldn't keep fixing them every time Uber patched the game. Maybe release means I can assume the UI changes will slow down, so don't be too surprised if my mods come back.
  18. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

Yes. Both would be nice, but the game lobby is probably more important. It would be nice for it to be part of the PAStats since it has the most users of any mod.
  19. Bhaal

Bhaal Active Member

Why cant they just include the PA STATS ladder with the game? They could even put a disclaimer with a warning that its community made and can have bugs there.

Its lazy that they dont use the community resources to help finish the game. A lot better than waiting months for a functional ladder from the devs!
  20. trialq

trialq Post Master General

PA Stats works as a 3rd party service. Including it in the game as-is is the lazy way to do it, but the correct one as a stop-gap imo. By include, I mean give make users aware on the main page that it's a thing they can use. I'm sure many people don't know about mods, or bother to look for them.