PA Steam Reviews

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sierra159, September 7, 2014.

1. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

This game was kickstarted, now most of you already know there's a lot of ambiguity right now with kickstarted games(EDIT: And ESPECIALLY Early Access), a lot were scams, or just never delivered what they promised. This argument WILL be exploited against Planetary Annihilation, and this is why this game will be bashed.

And that "minority" has started posting in general discussion. It started on the Steam forums, then Steam reviews, then the support forum: it's going to come here.

You know the guy in a movie that no one listens to and everyone is "Eh, no chance, let's just pretend everything is fine" ? I'm almost that guy.
    Last edited: September 7, 2014
  2. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

It's only worth listening to "that guy" if he's not just exclaiming the problem, but is also suggesting a sensible solution. That's the difference between constructive criticism and doomsaying. I'm seeing the latter here, but not the former.
    squishypon3 and Bsport like this.
  3. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

I (>)implied it, stop pretending they're all wrong or stupid, they have a reason for their anger, which is Uber, which is why we should be pressing Uber to make a statement before it become uncontrollable. We need to stop looking like desesperate fanboys trying to cheat the steam reviews with "better" ones, let's handle this maturely.
    corruptai and bradaz85 like this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

yea pushing doom and gloom over the game realy gets us pushing uber ...
  5. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

So... you're point being we should pretend everything is fine ?
    corruptai and bradaz85 like this.
  6. MrTBSC

what you should do is inform people! telling them the facts! and stay neutral! ignore the haters! because they will continue to bash non the less ... you want people to know what they buy into!
    if they know what they bought into they will be less pissed even if they have issues but then they knew of those possible issues beforehand ...

tl,dr:

INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION!INFORMATION! ...
  7. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

Ignore the haters because they're just haters and they're all wrong right ? You're exactly the point i'm trying to make. You're demonizing the opposition.
  8. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

I literally only noticed those bad ones as i read the OP, yesterday they where all good, cant believe that the most helpful review was a negative one.
  9. xylowenchbane

xylowenchbane Member

If it helps I've put one up a while ago during Alpha/Beta phase and the amended it after release.

I'm not super happy about release, but neither am I angry at Uber, I'm sure they have their reasons for release. Maybe the sales will help with the next wave of update and additions to the game, who knows? Not me.

I'll amend the review, I only got 2/2 user found it helpful. Will redo my review and hopefully add some help?
    bradaz85 likes this.
  10. MrTBSC

there are haters and there are people with propper reasoning not screaming over the internet .... have fun arguing with a wall wasting your time and sanity ...
  11. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

I never said to go argue with them trying to correct them, don't correct them, let them be and fix the main issue instead.
    bradaz85 likes this.
  12. MrTBSC

oh and i didn´t say anything allong those lines? what is the mainissue? people not being informed ... how to fix that! inform them!
  13. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

you cant expect good critics with this kind of performance
  14. MrTBSC

never did ... rather expect mixed critics ... but actualy there is a good number of good critics already .... so lets see
    the rest is technical stuff we don´t have influence to ...
    so as i said we can just inform people on the current state at best ...
  15. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Everything is kind of fine? The game will get more stable over time, and I haven't even noticed it myself. Offline is coming, so eventually everyone will forget this whole debacle ever happened. Uber will have learnt a valuable lesson in game release windows, and we can all finally enjoy a working, fun game.
  16. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

You gotta look at it from a different perspective. The bad reviewers don't go over to the good reviewers and comment about all the negative parts of the game they have chosen to miss out in their review. But the Good reviewers need to take it upon themselves to try and change peoples perspectives and opinions when they read a bad review, this is because of bias and fanboy-ism. Much more would be achieved by staying impartial instead of getting heated up by each others opinions of the game. Only Uber can make this game successful. There is quite a big blind spot when you deal with fanboys and people with the opposite bias, and really too many negative reviewers are getting hounded for actual good points.

A lot of people defending PA are really just regurgitating what Uber have used as excuses along the development path anyway, they are making promises on Uber's behalf. Feature X was unable to reach the 1.0 build, the fanboys kicked up a stink for an hour (saying no names) then accepted it, then started defending it. :)

This isn't an attack at any "side," and sorry if it seems that way, sometimes I find it hard to get my point across, find the right words, and I know this might come across as flame war bait, but that's not my intention.. This is one guys view of this quite petty argument over opinion.

Both sides are becoming bandwagons to be fair..
  17. bradaz85

bradaz85 Active Member

Love the game, like or hate it, play it all the time, some of the time or none of the time.

Is it really so hard to respect that people are going to view something in a different light. The game works nearly almost as the pitchers described when asking for money, it isn't broken, and I for one have loads of fun with it! But for some people, for a customer who backed or bought into it, it may be a deal breaker when something in development didn't go their way and they are entitled to their opinion.

Such is the way with this new business that is crowd-funding and buy-able alphas, beta's and "gamma's." It's a new dynamic, that people have to deal with on the fly.

These new dynamics will either be the future or doom of gaming, time will tell.
  18. MrTBSC

having different views on something is not the issue, infact this totaly cool ... how people present their views is ... because it ´s hard to know weither people made a well informed review or not ... just saying "game sucks" doesn´t say anything over the actual expierences of the reviewer, is intransparent and adds just negativity without any piece of constructivity ...
    cdrkf and squishypon3 like this.
  19. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

I think the issue is with the ferocity and venom in a small number of the critical reviews that is the problem.

PA does have some problems (though most can be resolved with driver update or better info on how to play the game) and some features that should be in the game and aren't yet. I have no problem with someone acknowledging that though I honestly think these will be resolved over time.

What isn't reasonable though is where people go on a rant, declaring uber as scammers and such, whilst totally dismissing everything good, due to their single pet feature not being available right now. That's not even handed or fair, and I think it's not unreasonable to provide a rebuttal (in a polite and reasonable manor) to such accusations as otherwise such statements will be taken as fact by people without knowledge of the game.
    MrTBSC likes this.
  20. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

That no one forget that this game its the successor of Total anhilation.
    PA could not reach same leval has TA ,PA its Total Anhilation II and the game is full of flaws and bad choices.

The performance after only a few minutes is terrible, units besides being few do not have the correct balance, the ships in this game are there for nothing, the economy is a disaster, we do not have a global chat room one off most important things in a game, there isn´t a rating system of (1v1 / 2v2 / 3v3 / +), there is no search for a game with another player same rating, (Galactic War) dont work well got lot problems etc ... the game has problems that nobody knows how to solve.

And worst have been released, so this is like a virus ppl talk and words spread all over....

And all this and more problems have been alerted + 1 year what was done to change .....

Everybody always pretend all fine ....

Oh i now new commanders !whow great just what TA community needs.

If PA can not reach a level that the entire series has (TA SCFA) what kind reviews you PA players are waiting on the bigest place off games STEAM ?

Every one got the right off reclaim on the product they buy nothing to do against that just forghet!!!