Galactic War "loadouts"

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by princeofshalom, September 7, 2014.

1. princeofshalom

princeofshalom New Member

Hello! I was playing Galactic War and I destroyed one of the faction leaders. I assumed that each faction leader made it possible that I could play with one of the new loadouts. Do I have to win the whole Galactic War before I can use the new loadouts?
  2. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Lamens, if you defeat a faction leader you stand a chance to get a new loadout. Sort of like Faster Than Light where you can stumble across a new loadout. Except more straightforward. I think it is just tied to planet name.
  4. trialq

trialq Post Master General

I checked it out some time ago, and think the chance I estimated of getting a particular loadout from a particular faction leader to be about 1 in 4. You won't get one every time, but there's a reasonable chance to get new loadouts in every playthrough.
  5. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

It is tied to commander name and planet name.
    Wich I think mostly means "planet leader is on the properly named planet". You need to defeat a leader on Xianyo for the Command Commander and if you lack the loadout the commander will just be properly named I asume.

Note two things:
    - If a setup does not say it gives you vehicle factories, it does not give you vehicle factories. the only thing you always get is basic Naval. (If you lack any facotires beside naval, the commander can build the orbital launcher however). Lacking basic vehicles can be a suprising handycap as you have a hard time quickly killing enemy commanders.
    - Also for some planets the importan name can be a suffix (Cupru-Synchonous means Cupru).