T1 bomber snipes in FFA

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by aapl2, September 6, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I don't know what you called. :p
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I haven't seen it be much of an issue, but yeah a com's aa by it's self isn't great.

I'll leave the specifics up to you guys.
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Oh. The return of the bomber snipe.
  4. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

I will admit i don't build any AA turrets in the beginning, which probably is a bit of bias to my opinion, but i think the comm was good last patch. It should have some kind of AOE, to defend against the stupid air snipes, and less damage to make bomber raiding in a base viable.
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

If you get killed by bomber snipe, you deserved it. Its relatively easy to counter and easy as hell to scout if you are at all paying attention. I mean, if you see someone with 5-6 air factories you should immediately assume heavy air and build tons yourself. Currently, air wrecks dox in larger conflicts, and unprotected tanks. Using it is a no brainer. If you don't like air, stop calling it OP.

Just because Max beats you with pure air doesn't mean you have a right to call it OP. That's his niche for crying out loud. Quit whining. All of you
  6. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

It should be possible to pull off a 'snipe' with literally every single unit in the game if you are allowed to build it in mass numbers and your opponent doesn't counter it. Commanders are not meant to be nigh invulnerable solo tanks of death. I don't see the issue here.
  7. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I'm not calling air OP, I'm just saying that the air snipe is back.
    Jeez.

EDIT: I don't even know who Max is.
  8. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

OMG!! every unit OP because every unit can snipe commander.. OP!!! Buff Ubercannon to shooting nukes and make the AA peregrine style with HUGE AoE..

Sigh... it's so easy.. Scout or Die plain and simple.
  9. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Yes, and if he has a larger economy, that means he can use that and win.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

If you have a larger economy than your enemy than you're almost bound to win in every instance. :p

Unless you're being more efficient in what you're building, or you pull of a sneaky strat. If he's focusing all economy on air, you just might be able to set up some flak and go hard land, breaking his defenses, shrinking your armies with aa vehicles and dox, then even throw in a couple fighters on top.
  11. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

If you have a larger eco than you can always do that.. you can snipe a comm with dox, tanks, inferno's, boom bots or orbital reclaim because you know.. you have a bigger eco. Please refrain from bigger/smaller eco because it is useless in this discussion.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  12. Regabond

Regabond Member

With decent radar coverage and maybe 20 fighters, you can easily kill a much larger bomber force. It is very hard to instantly build the required defensive counter to any kind of snipe in a moments notice and that is good. The snipe rewards the player you scouts and plans ahead. It is also countered by the exact same plan.

Having an option to destroy a single unit with a large swarm of another unit doesn't seem broken in the slightest. Particularly because there are affordable counters.
  13. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

I encountered mass T1 Bomber snipes in a good game a couple of weeks ago. In that instance I did have about 800 Doxen, but no Flak.

Several things:
    I don't think we should be forced to mass Air to counter Air. There should be multiple ways for layers to interact successfully.

Air units overlap during their attacks. Forcing formations a little more so that we can't drop a hundred bombs on the same spot simultaneously is one potential answer to this, but eh.

Another partial fix could be to have the Uber-Cannon fire at Air, with a option to have it cast automatically (the automatic option would ignore Scouts and Fighters). That'd force opponents into not sending 100 T1 Bombers at once to instakill your Commander, because the Comm could Hadouken that bomber stack before it dropped the payload.
    Obviously micro would develop around triggering this auto-attack, but it'd be better than nothing.
  14. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

I'm sorry but you are so wrong it hurts.
  15. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

or the commander has close range AoE AA missles?
  16. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

What? like what? is your brain dead?
  17. masterofroflness

masterofroflness Well-Known Member

GIVE US JETPACK BOTS THAT CAN KARATE CHOP AIR UNITS MID FLIGHT!
    tehtrekd likes this.
  18. soundman

soundman New Member

Scout

And stop being mad that you lost because you failed and blame it on the game
  19. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

you you need to read ALL the messages not just my OP, kthnksbai
  20. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

That too. But it's not as super effective.