Galactic War: Can't leave starting Planet

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by ragnarok89, September 6, 2014.

1. ragnarok89

ragnarok89 Member

Hey all,

I suspect this might have been mentioned before, but I haven't found any mention of it. I've come up against a bit of a puzzle, and I was wondering if this is a known "bug". When I play Galactic War using the General Commander or the BACON Commander I sometimes find myself unable to complete a game. For example: I start in a multi-planet system, with at least 2 enemy commanders. At least one Enemy Commander is on another planet. Since neither the General or BACON have basic units, nor can they build a Satellite station by themselves, I am unable to get off Planet; and thus cannot defeat Offworld Enemy Commanders. This is especially an issue early in the game, since General and Bacon have 0 and 1 slot respectively. So unless I get Basic Orbital, I'm stuck. What's the "fix?"

Al
  2. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

Some loadouts are much harder than others. Sometimes you have to fight on single planet systems or try and find orbital tech before you can proceed.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Yeah, those are the heavily oddball type loadouts, similar to the wierd FTL ships.
  4. zgrssd

zgrssd Active Member

I thought those loadouts would make the game easier. Instead they make it harder.

I tried the artillery commander once and after half a galaxy of not finding basic vehicles and being stuck on bots to kill commanders I realised that the Vehicle commander might just be the best in the game.
    It is not fancy or anything. But it does allow you to kill commanders in under 10 minutes using flame tanks and you can build orbital launcher/asteryus to establish a teleporter bridge if you are fast enough.
    While other factories can kill the commander as wel, it is a way longer fight & buildup to do so.

You never notice how good something is until you are stuck without it.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Watch my Absurd GW on my youtube. Vehicles, with armor, speed, and damage buffs, are way overpowered in GW. The spinners can push through waves of bombers, the ants can tear up buildings at range with small numbers, and flame tanks move as fast as ants with instakill power.