Still having problems wit System memory

Discussion in 'Support!' started by nickste88, September 3, 2014.

1. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Hi there i haf a problem in galactic war, my system keeps running out of memory and eventaly needs to close pa.exe.
    I would love to be able to play again, realy love the game and haf a lot of fun wit it.

If someone could help me would be realy nice,
    here is my DXdiag

And tnx for reading, and sorry for my bad english i just hope you understanded

Attached Files:

2. nickste88

nickste88 Member

3. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

No patience, eh? Give it some time. ;)
    Anyway, I would start with this thread about reducing memory usage.
    nickste88 likes this.
  4. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Yeah sorry i just want to play i gues :oops:
    I tryt that solution but it does not work, ore i am doing something wrong but readed it a couple of times and cant figure out what i am doing wrong.
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

If it worked, you would see less CoherentUI processes in your task manager (5 or 6 or so). Another thing you might try is a driver update for your graphics card. The ones you have are seven months old. You can download them here.
  6. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Tnx DeathByDenim for helping me out, but this is what the nvidia website says :

GeForce GTX 680
    This product has been detected as your primary device

Current Driver Version: 340.52
    Latest Driver Version: 340.52

So it should be the latest driver i also compleetly reinstalled my computer like a week aggo.
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Your drivers are fine, though to my knowledge (and we check regularly) there are no memory leaks that would impact a standard game session. None at all that I'm currently aware of, though it's not unusual to have a few small ones in a code base as complex as this.

On a 64-bit system, while your machine could start to page like crazy and basically turn into a slideshow, your chances of running out of addressable space is incredibly low - that's 8TB of address. Unless you have for some reason set your system to not be large address aware (by default on a 64-bit it's set to large address aware).

This really sounds like there might be something else going on. I'd shut down anything not related to the game, and step through a few things, that should help to pin down if it's a driver problem, a system problem, or in fact the game breaking.

If you have ANY add in ware (virus scanners, or special game controller software, especially some of the more rare console controller to PC mapping software), try disabling that to start with. It's rare, but we've run into a few situations where some badly done drivers, even if you're not using the device to play, can cause crashes if they're trying to force an interaction.

Other things you can try:
    - Disable audio
    - Adjust graphics settings up or down and see what impact it has
    - Play some galactic war maps if you haven't been. For the most part, these are much smaller than a lot of the large multiplayer maps people tend to use.
    - Make some custom systems that get progressively bigger.

While you're doing this, keep your task manager open and keep an eye on pa.exe's memory usage. Even if it breaks 6 - 8GB, that shouldn't cause a crash. It'll run slow as heck, as it will start to page to your harddrive, but it still shouldn't crash.
    DeathByDenim and cwarner7264 like this.
  8. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Yesterday when i played on a map in galactic war i had this isue.

Now i played same map again in galactic mode (1 lava template- 1 desert template- 1 metal) only now i did not use the steam edition of the game but the uber launcher.
    I notice i had a lot less problems then.
    Still at some point my game was going laggy so i decided to go from uber graphics to medium, afther like 2 min the game was running smooth again.
    But with my hardware i should be able to run the game on uber settings right ?
    Ore does this haf to do with some polishing what still needs to get done ?

And tnx for the reply btw :)
  9. mcesar

mcesar New Member

i have an 182 mb update right now and cant find any infos about here in the forum ?
  10. nickste88

nickste88 Member

mcesar likes this.
  11. mcesar

mcesar New Member

12. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Are you playing on steam ore do u use the uber launcher ?
    This is btw the last PTE build that i can find.

Click here
  13. nickste88

nickste88 Member

Pa is still eating me memory :(
    Need to close PA afther each game, please i hope this get fixed :(
    This is wy idle btw when ingame its even worse , and then a windows popup comes says i need to close pa.exe to make some memory free.
    pa memory.png

Attached Files:

14. gerii

gerii Member