Enemy detected notification -> stuck in space

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Crymaw, September 5, 2014.

1. Crymaw

Crymaw Member

Yesterday a friend and I were playing a 2v2 game with planets on particularly far orbits from each other. We started on a desert planet together, and sent out a transport to a metal planet, and it took about three minutes or so to reach that planet (it may have been longer, but I wasn't paying attention to the time).

I then built an orbital and deepspace radar and it detected an enemy. When my friend and I clicked on the notification, our camera was panned into space where it became stuck. The game was still running fine, and I could even scroll around on the minimap and watch things happening, and select units via hotkeys, but no matter what we did it seemed we couldn't fix the camera, so we ended up leaving the match.

Has anyone else got this before?
  2. Tzarro

Tzarro New Member

I would just like to add that my friend and I encountered what seems to be an almost identical issue to the one mentioned by the OP. We were in a 2v2 match vs bots, and when I sent a scout to another planet, a notification popped up near the top of the screen for a unit being detected. When both of us clicked on the notification, the screen went dark blue and became stuck. We were both unable to refocus our screens on any visible game element, essentially ending/breaking the game for us (the minimap still functioned, however).

This is a game-breaking issue that needs to be resolved before we can continue playing. We are running version 71729.
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

I also have this problem. A temporary fix for me is refreshing the game by pressing F5. I'm not sure if i'm stuck in space though. It doesn't look like space but a bit of a dark greenish colour without stars.
  4. jerle78

jerle78 Member

This is the same problem I had. I was told to update my video drivers. You can try the same thing.