livestream this september 5 at 10AM Pacific

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, September 3, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

What were the "weirdos"? :p
  2. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

They definitely had some really epic gameplay moments while casting. However I was too dissipointed at the lack of word on future stuff on PA. I.e : Offline mode, Asteroids, 40 player games.
  3. nonesuchnick

nonesuchnick New Member

I caught the very end of this, and it was upsetting. One of the women in the office who worked on PA joined some of the team on the couch, and all of a sudden the chat on the stream turned extremely inappropriate. The mods were doing a good job of trying to ban and censor stuff, but then the casting PC lost power near the end of a match and after getting the machine back up they decided to end the stream kind of abruptly.

They had already extended the stream since they had over 5000 viewers and wanted to keep things going, so it was past the scheduled end time anyway. @garat did come on at one point near the end and mention they had stuff planned for a competitive update in the future. I found the stream enjoyable and interesting, especially near the beginning when they were sharing some of the stories from PAX and some of the crunching over the past couple weeks and especially some of the insights from @neutrino on how far the game had come from the Kickstarter and since alpha.

As always, Uber was incredibly grateful to the fans for their support and to the Kickstarter backers. They started off with @BradNicholson playing and casting and then some of the Devs, and then they switched to just hosting and casting the games. Overall, they just seemed really happy and proud of the game that they've made and they were just really enjoying playing and showing off all of the cool stuff in the game in the matches they were casting.
  4. squishypon3

I bet I know who it was, @mkrater hope it wasn't too bad. D:

(I only guess that because it's the only female dev that I know, and she likes playing the mlp card game XD )
  5. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Actually it wasn't mkrater, it was someone else named Lela (I think she was mentioned as a level designer or something? I kinda fazed out near the end)

And it was pretty bad. Bunch of d-bags being all like "HEHE, TITZ OR RAID!!" etc.
  6. squishypon3

Can't believe people like that still exist ^^;
  7. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

What people missed was an epic moment where a planet was sent to smash another, the teleporter invasion to stop it failed, the nuke sent did not. Planet entered an orbit, only for that orbit to intersect with another planet and lead to both planets being annihilated.

It was awesome.

She's a producer.
  8. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Yah, that was Leila, an Associate Producer. I'm at home sick :( But I tried to moderate the chat the best I could. Guys can be creepy when they think they're anonymous.
    meir22344, cdrkf, Fr33Lancer and 8 others like this.
  9. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

Is there a recorded version of the livestream I can watch?
  10. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Also, it was boobs or riot. It is a generic twitch thing. It's always something or riot. It's always the same response torwards women too. Cruddy twitch culture.

Why do people think, like the people trying to set up organized crime like the "purge", that if you have great enough numbers, you can wad self control up and toss it right out the side window, and then get away with it?

Bandwagon generic sayings are okay by me, but intentional disrespect is not to be taken seriously, as it is childish and doesn't get much sympathy, so theres no wonder why they get treated badly, these stupid donger twitch mobs...
    Will be at twitch once it catches up. Will be youtube little later. http://www.twitch.tv/uberentertainment/b/565428322
    meir22344 and nonesuchnick like this.
  11. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

12. nonesuchnick

nonesuchnick New Member

@mkrater, I think you did a great job, especially considering you were home sick! It was pretty awesome that you were giving out Steam keys as well, that was a nice touch, and thanks!
  13. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

14. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Aww, thanks @nonesuchnick - I really wanted to be there. I'm happy I was able to help :)
    nonesuchnick, squishypon3 and Remy561 like this.
  15. chargrove

chargrove Uber Alumni

We'll be talking more about all that stuff soon. Today is launch day, it's about showing the state of the game today and everything that's happened up to this point. A lot of people have worked heroic hours to get this very unique game to the state that you see now, and yes there's a lot more that's planned for the future... but we already talk about the future a lot. For today, let's talk about the game that exists right now, which in all honesty I think is pretty darn cool and which a lot of people can have a lot of fun with. :)
    ooshr32, cdrkf, Fr33Lancer and 12 others like this.
  16. GoodOak

GoodOak Active Member

What? Why aren't you guys on vacation yet?
  17. nonesuchnick

nonesuchnick New Member

Well, there were definitely some well deserved beers and some whiskey being shared on the livestream! Definitely felt like they were celebrating - and I think it was cool that we got to be a part of that!
  18. Paappa

Paappa Member

I had to try to stop them launching the moon. Luckily I got that nuke ready in time. Few seconds later we would not had that spectular collision. Too bad that was our planet it colided with. :)

Good game

And thank you Uber for making this game.

I think I need to update my sic.
    Last edited: September 5, 2014
    proeleert likes this.
  19. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

Those were real? Damn.
  20. chargrove

chargrove Uber Alumni

I do hope some of the guys here manage to take a break soon. There are a few folks here that have worked incredibly hard and had an unhealthy lack of sleep recently, and it'd be good to give them a chance to recover.