[REL] eXodus eSports Camera Modes

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cptconundrum, July 9, 2014.

1. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

I'm finally ready to release this as v1.0 after a lot of testing now that it isn't crashing the UI. Here is the description that I gave in the WIP thread;

The default shortcut for the PiP Action Camera is alt+c, which means you can't use this until you either change the shortcut for that camera mode or use something other than the default shortcut for selecting your commander. I could change my default, but why are you using alt+c for select commander anyway?

The mod is available now on PAMM
    zaphodx, mishtakashi, FSN1977 and 3 others like this.
  2. jeffalan66

jeffalan66 New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has reported issues? I am able to use the pageup and pagedown features for slow zoom. However, even after I bind the other camera options to other keys, they don't see to perform as described. They don't seem to do anything at all, actually. I can see your mod is loaded, and I can see its respective settings. Everything is current. Any thoughts?

Jeff
  3. cptconundrum

Well first I should point out that I tested this in pte and it seems broken in that. As for stable though I'm not sure. I haven't tested key rebinds as well as I should so maybe it is an issue with changing the settings. I don't expect mod conflicts but it is possible another mod could be interfering. If you know how to use the debugger that could be a helpful starting point just to see if there are ui errors coming from this mod.
    If nothing else, a screenshot of the settings you have would help so we can rule out a typo or whatever on your end. You will have to work with me on this though because I haven't seen this bug before and don't have any idea where to look.
  4. jeffalan66

jeffalan66 New Member

I just wanted to check back and let you know that I at least tried with all other mods turned off. I'm using "Stable" version only. I'm sorry that I didn't have time to figure out debug yet. However, my install is very vanilla, current, and I'm still seeing the same thing I described before. I'll do more when I get a chance, but I think there is some kind of issue with the mod and current stable build. Pageup and Pagedown zooms ARE working. Yet, the other camera mod feature are not doing what they describe, even when assigned to other keys. I'm using Windows 8.1, decked out Alienware X51 with NVidia. Not having any other issues on this system. I'm sorry to be brief, but I'm just trying to get something back to you.

Jeff
  5. cptconundrum

That is very helpful information. I'll try some things out and get back to you on this, but I'm not sure if I can fix it unless I or someone else can reproduce the bug. If you have the time, I have a couple more questions that may or may not help.

Do you have pole lock turned on? One of the pre-release bugs caused it to not work when pole lock was on but I thought I fixed that. Could you screenshot the keyboard settings for my mod? I just want to be completely sure it's not a settings problem.
  6. cptconundrum

I just tested it and it definitely is not working right with pole lock on. Pressing alt+z removes the UI and slowly zooms in but does not rotate the camera. I think I can fix this by getting it to disable pole lock when you toggle the camera on and re-enable pole lock after you finish.
  7. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.0.1

Fixed the pole lock problem. At some point Uber changed the way the settings are stored and I didn't test the mod properly so I never noticed.
  8. jeffalan66

jeffalan66 New Member

I don't use pole lock. I'm heading to bed at the moment, but I'll check back tomorrow and get a screen shot for you. The settings are there and what you would expect, but I'll get something to you if you still need it by tomorrow. Thanks for looking at this. It is a really need mod concept you've created. Thank you.
  9. cptconundrum

Updated to v1.0.2
    My last update had fixed the mod for pole lock users but broke it for people without pole lock. I'm smart.
    thetrophysystem, trialq and stuart98 like this.
  10. trialq

trialq Post Master General

Reproduced the error. Pole lock off, edge scroll off (no mouselock). Removed select commander hotkey, used defaults with this mod. No other mods enabled. This happens with any of the alt+ options (smooth zoom works fine):

exodusCamera.png
  11. cptconundrum

Is this from before or after my latest update? I think my old code was looking for a settings value that nobody had. Uber at some point changed the way they organize the settings and my mod was looking in the wrong place. I have no idea why it works for me though.
  12. trialq

Version 1.0.2, on stable. It's this line that fails:
    Code:
    var currentPoleLock = allSettings.camera.pole_lock; // the settings store this upper case, the engine processes it in lowercase... wtf
    The allSettings object doesn't have a camera sub-section, just audio, graphics and twitch:
    exodusCamera2.png

Maybe you pushed the wrong files? It sounds like the problem you encountered before is still present.
  13. cptconundrum

:mad: The version I pushed works fine for me. My settings must have carried over the old value from before or something. I need to find the correct setting key and replace that line but I might not have time this week because my sister is getting married this weekend,
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  14. trialq

It's the correct place, but if you've never changed the pole lock setting it's not in localStorage. This works:
    Code:
    var currentPoleLock;
         if(allSettings.camera == undefined || allSettings.camera.pole_lock == undefined) {
           currentPoleLock = 'OFF';
         } else {
           currentPoleLock = allSettings.camera.pole_lock; // the settings store this upper case, the engine processes it in lowercase... wtf
         }
    edit: Also, I think this is what you're referring to by the old way of doing things:
    Code:
    localStorage.settings = encode(allSettings);
    Which should be this I think (just guessing, I'm using your code to learn how to do the settings):
    Code:
     localStorage[localStorage.uberName + ".paSettings"] = encode(allSettings)
    Last edited: July 16, 2014
    cptconundrum likes this.
  15. cptconundrum

Thanks for looking into this. I still won't be able to make a change until Monday at the earliest so if you have already fixed the code on your end then feel free to push the change to PAMM.
  16. trialq

Done both changes.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  17. jeffalan66

jeffalan66 New Member

Hey, I just wanted to get a quick note to you that the issue I reported originally has since been resolved by the recent update.
    cptconundrum likes this.
  18. cptconundrum

Thanks trialq!
  19. jeffalan66

jeffalan66 New Member

It is really NEAT to use. Thanks so much for this mod and your help. :)

Jeff
    Last edited: July 16, 2014
  20. jpinard

jpinard Member

Could we see a video of this in action?