Uber Entertainment: The hype, the awesome, and the gratitude.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mered4, September 4, 2014.

1. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

Thanks for all your hard work Uber. You've brought back epic robot RTS in a way that hasn't existed since I was a wee lad, bigger and better than ever. The game is a real beauty and quite frankly a stunning achievement given your resources! Here is to an awesome release and an even awesomer first year!
    cdrkf and shootall like this.
  2. raphamart

raphamart Member

Last build is simply epic! Thank u for all your efforts Uber! You surely deserve all success for making such an epic game!
    cwarner7264 and shootall like this.
  3. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

If I had another child I would name it Uber!! :D In all seriousness, this game is epic.
    cwarner7264 and shootall like this.
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

And here I thought: "Wow, you can actually smash a planet into someone. How cool is that!". Little explosions, larger explosions, nuclear explosions, MOON IMPACTS. Massive swarms of units on land, sea, air, space! and explosions everywhere. And then Uber comes along and says "meh, I think we need more explosions. I know, we'll add a frigging laser the size of a planet to blow up other planets!". W..o..w..! I.. wow...
    comm's gone.jpg
    (source)
    MrTBSC, corteks, cwarner7264 and 5 others like this.
  5. spartan234

spartan234 New Member

A little bump for a lot of love!
  6. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

Little bit of love, little bit of love, little bit of love.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Sincerely, thank you Uber for everything over the past two years.
  8. ghoner666

ghoner666 Member

This game is Epic, and I wish both Planetary Annihilation And Uber Entertainement success. I hope we'll still be talking about this game in 15 years like we do about Total Annihilation now. Kickass job Uber, and I'm looking forward to the patches, addons, and mods that will push this game to an everlasting glory =D
    kjotak109, cdrkf and shootall like this.
  9. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Feels pretty sweet to be part of this game's release and I'm looking forward to seeing what the press have to say about the game, the new players, and especially how the mod scene develops. Best thing I've ever kickstarted!

Congratulations to Uber for launching their awesome game and being one of the first to show just how effective crowd-funding can be on such a large scale!
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  10. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Thanks Uber for making this game!!!

It is certainly my favourite rts game because of its huge scale and fast paced action. As a sci-fi fan I also really really love the interplanetary stuff and ofcourse ANNIHILATING planets!!

Also a great thank you for sharing the development process with the community. This has made the game better, gave you 'free' testers for the game and simply made the development way faster. I have learned a lot of game development from the forum posts of devs and community members and I look forward for what is coming next!
    cdrkf likes this.
  11. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Uber, for the awesome game you have created. You blew my mind with planet smashes, metal planet lasers, and all things awesome!

May PA shine like the brightest star in the sky for generations of RTS gamers to come.
    Last edited: September 5, 2014
  12. urud7

urud7 New Member

GPGNET was open for six-seven years, but a day GPG close it for lack of economic resources... is the life is normal.
    All online related activities one day will be closed, not all the time a magic offline patch come... for SupCom there is a mod of the community called FAF for example, not solution from ex developer GPG.
  13. cointreauversial

cointreauversial New Member

Congratulations, Uber Ent.

I wasn't around for the kick starter, and I debated on purchasing the game before release, but I am glad I did. I don't know what was promised, but I do know what was accomplished, and seeing the game progress over the last few months has been a treat and I am happy I could contribute a small amount of my resources to see it accomplished.

Having not played an RTS game in a long time Planetary Annihilation is a breath of fresh air. I was getting really tired of the same ole' shooters and strategy games that seem to rehash old idea's over and over. Now the launch date has arrived and I am excited to see the community grow, and I am confident great things will occur from Uber's transition from creator to catalyst of the community around this game!
    cdrkf likes this.
  14. japporo

japporo Active Member

Had to be done:

[​IMG]

Congratulations to everyone at Uber for their magnificent achievement!
    bengeocth, mered4, Remy561 and 2 others like this.
  15. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

After following the development of this game lightly since the Kickstarter, I took the plunge on Christmas Day 2013. Since then, my level of interest has bordered on obsessive to the point where I would look forward to getting home every day to read the new forum threads (yeah, my friends think I'm weird.) What we have here is a truly marvellous game, my favourite online community ever, and best of all, the most awesome developers ever to grace gaming.

Thank you, Uber Entertainment, you magnificent bastards. Thank you.
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Btw +1 for using the word 'marvellous' as apparently it's dying out (!?)...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...eerio-*****-cat-hi-there-awesome-English.html
  17. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I'm on the forum literally 24/7, class is boring, forum matters more.
  18. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

Believe me, if my 3G worked inside the Faraday cage that is my school, so would I.
    EdWood and squishypon3 like this.
  19. adoghost

adoghost Active Member

༼ つ◕_◕༽つ GIVE STREAM༼ つ◕_◕༽つ
    squishypon3, shootall and spartan234 like this.
  20. qwerty3w

qwerty3w Active Member

While Neutrino was a essential developers of TA, there were other guys like Petkau or Taylor, it's difficult to infer who made that decision. Even if it was totally Neutrino's idea, TA still has to be successful as a whole to get a endured modding commiuity.