Uber Entertainment: The hype, the awesome, and the gratitude.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mered4, September 4, 2014.

1. draiwn

draiwn New Member

I'm full of nostalgia for total annihilation, I remember playing it when I was 12 for hours and hours ... But now I'm soo happy to play PA and feeling the same emotion again.
    Thank you for this awesome game, keep up the good work ! You rock guys !
    bengeocth and shootall like this.
  2. shootall

shootall Active Member

All you fine folks at Uber has brought hope to gaming in general and RTS in particular by making PA. Thank you not only for a fantastic vision, but for following through and delivering. Truly a job well done everyone! When i look at the KS trailer, then how fast you delivered alpha, and then how far PA has come now, i have nothing but praise and high hopes for the future.

And as if that wasn't an accomplishment enough in itself, you managed to do all of this while sharing it with us. So an extra special thank you for the openness and transparency. I really feel i've been a part of a creative process here, not just a passive consumer. Cheers!

Edit: Removed snarky remark about coherent since patch came live and i was proven wrong. Even better job done everyone!
    Last edited: September 5, 2014
    proeleert and cwarner7264 like this.
  3. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

4. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Pics or it didn't happen.
  5. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

Thank you Uber, it's been, and hopefully will be, a pleasure.
  6. spartan234

spartan234 New Member

In a few words: thank you for being dedicated for your job and your fans! Uber you're awesome! I really hope you'll be able to have some break, because you deserve it. :cool:
    shootall likes this.
  7. shootall

shootall Active Member

A gif says more than lots of words, here's how i feel about the game being released.

[​IMG]
  8. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

yeh, but in the "lets all say what we love" thread, it seems a little mean spirited? Concerns are great, they help the game improve, but there are plenty of threads for people's concerns... Anyway, glad you still like the game overall! LOVING THE UBER
    mered4 likes this.
  9. felipec

felipec Active Member

PA indeed brought RTS to a new level. Nothing released after it will feel "right" if they follow the old formula..the freedom you have in the game is simple amazing.
    shootall and mered4 like this.
  10. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

I first heard about PA when it was ~$750K in the KS from a buddy on a flash gaming site. I watched the trailer and thought it was the most awesome game I've ever seen, so I bookmarked it and checked in every now and then. I was stunned when you guys got all of the stretch goals, but boy was I excited. Sadly, two or so years ago, I was 14 or 15 and had no money to throw at you guys. Couldn't afford the $90 Alpha access, so I watched ZaphodX, then bought into Beta on it's second day. HYPE. Since then, the game has come so unbelievably far; huge planets, more units, better graphics, 30FPS late-game instead of 1-3FPS. You guys have achieved so much it's crazy. The game isn't perfect, but I really think that it'll do even better than expected and will continue to define future RTS games for a long time-- much like TA.
    shootall likes this.
  11. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

It was the eve of release,
    when all through the forum,
    everyone was posting,
    something something something poem...

Guys, if you are looking for great ideas, bug things, etc. Don't look here.

I started this thread for one simple reason: to make it like a celebration just before the release. I just thought we could all sit down for a minute, and instead of coming up with ideas, or telling uber to fix the optimization (I'm guilty of both).

Let's just sit down for a minute

and talk

about how badass this game is

I mean come on. This game is so damn awesome, and there are so many reasons why.

Smashing planets, blasting planets, nuking people, tons and tons of tanks, tons and tons of bots, tons and tons of planes, tons and tons of ships, tons and tons of fabbers, tons and tons of eco.

It's essentially the Happy Hour of the forum. Let's be happy, and talk about how awesome this game is :D
    :D :) :D :) :D
    shootall, cdrkf and welshenzie like this.
  12. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I tried to take a break from PA, and fired up AoE2HD with my friends, and it feels so boring, empty and lifeless now. Why can't I go around the enemy base? What is that thick black fog that doesn't let me pass? Why can't I zoom out? Where's my air units? Where's orbital?

All other RTSes are dead to me now :(
    raphamart, welshenzie and adoghost like this.
  13. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

It's almost Planetary Annihilationmas!

Oh boy! Oh joy!
    Remy561, mkrater and cdrkf like this.
  14. bengeocth

HEY. HAPPY.
  15. bengeocth

I just posted the eve of release and saw that someone beat me to an "all happy" post. crap.
    mered4 likes this.
  16. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

It's okay, we can use more than one. Or the mods could merge the threads. But I still think we can use more than one.
  17. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I enjoyed this experience so much that I am going back to college to get a degree in computery stuff. Start next week at the tender age of 29.

Thanks guys and all the best.
    drz1, raphamart, MrTBSC and 5 others like this.
  18. bengeocth

looks like they did XD
  19. bengeocth

I'm just here

watching the release trailer over and over xD
    mered4 likes this.
  20. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

The Kickstarter Campaign got me immediately... I was so happy, finally, a game that I wanted... when I thought the times of good RTS games are nearly over.

Playing on spheres/globes... interesting... but too complicated to be fun? Well, since Alpha I play this game, it is so much fun and playing on our moons and planets is sooo easy... it feels natural now to play like this, orientation is so easy, simply fun to play.
    No more hiding in the left bottom corner of a map, no more hiding on a single planet! :)

This game is amazing!

I think it will age very well... even more polish, more stuff, better balance, awesome mods... :)
    shootall likes this.