The game keeps thinking I am turning - game unplayable

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Flowerbridge, January 25, 2011.

1. Flowerbridge

Flowerbridge New Member

Hi,

When I first launched the game, my character kept spinning to the left in the tutorial.

I then went straight to the options menu, and anytime I moved my mouse over one of the sliding bars, they would immediately move left. I could click the slider into a desired position, but it would move left immediately unless I quickly moved my mouse off of that sliding bar.

I have no input devices other than a mouse/keyboard, and I have verified no keys are stuck on the keyboard by mashing every one a few times. This issue occurs in both fullscreen and windowed; however, I'm unable to change the resolution from 1280x800 though. I don't experience this in any other game either.

I also want to note that the issue does not occur on my laptop either.

I originally downloaded the game as soon as I could (I pre-ordered some time in Dec.), and I just tried deleting the local content in steam and redownloading it. No dice.

Running windows 7 64bit, latest ATI drivers from 12/13/10. I can also provide a DXDIAG if needed. Please help or let me know if there's anything else I can provide before I go to steam for a refund.
  2. alanebro82

alanebro82 New Member

This is just a shot in the dark... but try unplugging your mouse, your keyboard, or both while in game and see if it still does it.
  3. racquemis

racquemis New Member

common issue with gamepads or joysticks,but you seem not to use them. try what the personn above said.
  4. neg

neg New Member

assume this is config related you can do something similar in quake3

e.g. -moveleft / +moveleft (or -attack/+attack) to toggle it on and off or try delete the game config files in your My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3
    !?

edit you could try specifically copy/pasting the config files from your laptop to your desktop aswell d;
  5. DartOlos

DartOlos New Member

I have that same problem over and over again i even re-instaled the game! and non of those things which are above helps so what i shall do ?
  6. alanebro82

alanebro82 New Member

Try getting into a game and pressing "u" to bring up the chat prompt. See if any letters start spamming your screen and/or if you stop turning.
  7. DartOlos

DartOlos New Member

no its not spaming any letters and i stop turning thats true
  8. Flowerbridge

Flowerbridge New Member

I have tried unplugging my USB hub, keyboard, mouse, and the game still turns even though no input devices are plugged in.

I've deleted all the .ini files under mygames/unreal 3, let the game autocreate them, and still no avail.
  9. marceloxlr

marceloxlr New Member

Try re-starting the PC.....seriously,it helped me on TF2,it may help you.
  10. Bert

Bert New Member

I think someone mentioned it already, but try unplugging your joystick/gamepad. I had my logitech 3d pro joystick connected and it did the same until I realized what was happening.