Game Freezes/Lags 40 Minutes into Every Game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by detasata, June 5, 2014.

?

Anyone Else Have this Problem?

Poll closed January 5, 2015.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. detasata

detasata New Member

Whilst playing Planetary Annihilation over the course of around 4 hours with my friend we noticed a serious issue with the game. Forty minutes after the start of a multiplayer game, the game freezes. The program remains responsive and makes noise, plays music, and lets you select units but it remains frozen for quite some time. Sometimes it will unfreeze and continue to lag and move in a choppy manner for the remainder of the game. We have concluded that this bug is not the result of an internet issue and it is not an occasional occurrence as it is a problem in every single game we play at any time of the day with either of us hosting. I figured I would post a support ticket because this bug makes the game unplayable after a certain point. Really love this game and hope this gets addressed.
  2. waterlimon

waterlimon Member

I sometimes get a memory leak (or does the game actually use 8 gb?) which causes some heavy lag as windows starts using the disk. Use task manager to check this is not the issue. Restarting fixes it for me.

It could be just someone moving his army of thousands around though.

Use ctrl+p (press multiple times) to see if its the client or the server thats lagging
  3. detasata

detasata New Member

So I've gone and played some more games and used ctrl+P and confirmed that there is a consistent problem with the server.
  4. belkodon

belkodon New Member

Now all the games freeze just some minutes after the start...
    3rd September 2014
  5. soundman

soundman New Member

I've been trying to play with some friends but our games slow to a dead crawl, all of them and it has never done that before.

It's unplayable at the moment :( We want to play!

Attached Files:

6. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We are actively working on this. Our server memory usage has recently gone through the roof. We have had about 7 engineers doing nothing today except working to get it under control. We'll have a new PTE in a while tonight that should help this a lot. If overnight testing looks positive, this build will go live in the morning.
    Remy561 and igncom1 like this.
  7. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

To answer your poll: Yes, pretty much everyone is experiencing this at the moment.
    Remy561 likes this.
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Buy the engineers a beer afterwords too!
  9. soundman

soundman New Member

Yay awesome they deserve a huge pat on the back if they fix it! :) That was a super fast reply thank you so much for working on this game my friends will be playing the crap out of it!

Especially when someone makes a Phantom mod.........................