Weird lag and server performance in stable build

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by killerkiwijuice, August 31, 2014.

1. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

2. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

I think it's just a tiny little change which made this bug pop up:

Infernos got a higher push class assigned. That messes up so much...

Another example:
    Stuck2.jpg
    That Ant is still trying to move, as it twitches every few seconds. But it CAN'T. It's unable to push Infernos. Other Infernos trying to move through succeed, as they CAN push other Infernos quite easily.

And yet another example:
    Clusterfuck.jpg
    3 or 4 platoons stuck indefinitely. 3 units in that clusterfuck are still trying to move, but they can't because they are blocked by Infernos. Infernos which have been assigned to squads which are waiting for the stuck units to catch up....

Well, that particular game still runs well after a full hour, however I was playing on US servers at 3AM or so, so I probably got a full Amazon EC instance all by myself. Plus, AI was never isolated so no AI in the match has more than 150 mobile units in total - or 500 in total counting all AI players. The game was still at 50% load capacity though. (~40-60ms/frame)

Oh, and another bug I've noticed:
    Units are still trying to steer clear of trees even long after trees have been reduced to a scorch mark.
    Last edited: September 2, 2014
    Nalin likes this.
  3. aapl2

aapl2 Active Member

newest updated has this problem back in full force.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Same servers.
  5. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

had some full on crashes today. Nightmare, fix or refund :p.
  6. archcommander

archcommander Active Member

I know the European Servers are very slow.

Would it be helpful if you set up one of the office PC's to spectate on three different games (for each server group) and for you to get a video capture of it? You might get a better idea that way? Maybe you could run some kind of data capture/debugging on the game?
  7. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

I do hope they push back the release. The game is riddled with bugs right now and I cannot finish a single game without getting disconnected by the server.
    Last edited: September 3, 2014
    bradaz85 likes this.
  8. Siylenia

Siylenia New Member

Why? It's coming with a free expansion: PowerPoint Annihilation: Slideshow Annihilation. Doesn't everybody win with free DLC? :D
  9. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

This is due to a server bug, it's only arisen lately. Normally each server computer runs 8 servers (one per CPU) but lately there's been a glitch in the system or something in which more than 8 servers are being hosted per computer.
    EdWood likes this.
  10. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Hi Squishypon3, where did you hear that? I am searching the forum and did not find the "reason" for the performance problems. Thx.
    LmalukoBR likes this.
  11. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

Regardless it shouldn't be "released" with that bug. You should be able to finish a 1v1 vs AI in a stock system with a reasonable number of units without the sim outright dying.
  12. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

I guess they will fix the server problem soon... so you will be able to play a regular game on release day.
  13. squishypon3

It's only happened very recently, and will hopefully be fixed like- really soon. Anyway, one of the deva said it, can't remember exactly who at the moment.
    EdWood and pizwitch like this.
  14. pizwitch

pizwitch Active Member

I read about that server issue as well somewhere in the forum, I don't remember where though.
    Last edited: September 3, 2014
  15. EdWood

EdWood Active Member

Good to know that they found the issue... will be fixed soon... I had a much better experience already yesterday evening... but could have been coincidence.
  16. jendrykgaming

jendrykgaming Member

I really hope they get this worked out soon. It makes me very nervous that there's issues this critical with servers this close to release. If the rush comes from new buyers and the server problems with so many games getting assigned to one, it'll end up locking everyone out completely on release day. Not the greatest start for a launch.
  17. ragarnoy

ragarnoy Member

What about the terrible pathfinding issues ? Macro chain orders are f*cked.
    jendrykgaming likes this.
  18. Zaniaac

Zaniaac Member

I just started to play a game against a single A.i and the game began to slow down and stop. I played a game yesterday and it was fine. Why cant the game just be smooth for once? I hope they get this stuff ironed out before release. I was going to host a PA launch party. C'mon Uber, you can do it! PUSH!
  19. squishypon3

I personally don't end up with many pathing issues at all, lucky I suppose?

And what does that have to do with the server anyway, haha? :p
  20. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

pa 2014-09-03 21-50-33-70.jpg pa 2014-09-03 21-52-58-43.jpg
    Holy navigation! 357msec!

Game didn't finish, by the way, lagged us out of our patience.