Help Me Answer Questions About PA!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, August 29, 2014.

1. balsamicninja

balsamicninja Member

And so the circlejerk cesspool was born.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Not really. It doesn't take much karma at all to be able to comment regularly.
  3. icycalm

icycalm Post Master General

I think all negative comments and analysis on PA can be overcome by linking to a YouTube video. All negativity can be cured by linking someone to a tournament video. Whoever remains negative afterwards cannot be saved by any amount of discussion.
    drz1 and thetrophysystem like this.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This sounds neat. Which video should we choose? I would for the most accurate recent account choose the clopse 7 tourney, but I "what this? dont even..." when I saw clopse 7 final 1 and final 3. 3 was pretty heated but short and focuses on overpromoted dox gameplay, 1 was a joke cheese match within a tourney.
    The problem is, you probably tank karma by making positive comments about PA. In light of that, I doubt I will ever be able to post more often than once every 5 minutes.
    Last edited: August 30, 2014
  5. thetrophysystem

6. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

It's an abhorrent mistake to label Galactic War singleplayer, because it's not. It's a metagame, a very simple overlay to tie multiple skirmish games together. People who click singleplayer expecting a campaign or story will always come away saying "this singleplayer is ****".

P.S Tournament play is usually the best way to view a new game. Let's plays are better.

Compare a tournament of call of duty where 'pro's' spend twenty mintues hiding in grass next to a bomb site to win with a regular player uploading footage of him going ham in a public match calling in choppers and what not.

In a PA tournament, the matches can be exciting or they can be disappointingly short with one of the players deleting his own commander once he loses his power gens.
  7. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

Sorry guys I thought about helping out with the reddit stuff, but after reading through the youtube comments section for the trailer (which made me slightly sick) I'm probably going to avoid any of these places due to the amount of trolls and idiots present. Some people have legit questions and concerns, but unfortunately a majority seem to just be trolls who have nothing better to do .
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

You can probably distract them by saying "Evolution".
    squishypon3 likes this.
  9. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Im not sure why you are arguing with people who have already made their mind up?
  10. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Someone should try and tell them that offline mode is nearly ready, based on the recent sneak peek by zaphodx at PAX. Not that it will be enough for some people. Stupid internet.
  11. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

12. brianpurkiss

Not everyone has made up their mind. Some of them are operating under mis-information.
    thetrophysystem, Nicb1 and drz1 like this.
  13. muhatib

muhatib Member

unit roster just illogical you start playing and questions are coming...

-1 type teleporter(naval?)
    -1 type anti nuke(ships/tanks/air/orbital/bunkers?)
    - hovercraft unit?
    -all terrain bot?
    -submarine? underwater structures, underwater layer?
    -torpedo bombers, napalm bombers(on lava planet need collect lava then throw and lava still there long time) or something different
    -in space. we have only lasers. kinetic weapons? fragmentation bomb...(very big radius smaller damage)
    -1 type nuke ?
    -orbital slingshot?(faster travel time)
    -rivers,bridges?(mobile bridge vehicle)
    -1 umbrella. ships/tanks/air?
    -ships, we have big slow ships (fast small ships?)
    -why smash planets very small radius of impact and where is the smaller asteroids
    -pathfinding-biomes
    -we have big laser and teleporter but where is the basic military technology?
    -i like we have 1 faction and i like the 2 tier system
    i like this game, but i want see: more units/ more interaction between units/ more interaction between layers. (within a few years).:D
    Last edited: August 31, 2014
  14. brianpurkiss

A lot of those things have been experimented with. A number of them were added into the game files but never made playable. Submarines are promised and will come eventually, but the submersible layer isn't working yet. A lot of the other units you have listed are playable on the Realm Community Balance mod. You should give it a try! It's a lot of fun.
    drz1 likes this.
  15. thetrophysystem

A lot of people are in fact getting a massive postflood of negativity, like the game is ran by greedy money hungry devs, like the game doesn't run well, like it doesn't have gas giants, like the AI stands still more than half the games.

All are misinformation, half is at best really old information, like saying "you can't upgrade your ship in Starbound and every two weeks they wipe your character". That information would be months old, it shadows a situation that is currently much better.

It is as if Uber is being made to suffer for bugs, which they fixed months ago. Like it existed months ago, so just because they hate Uber, they will continue to bleed them for that. I just went through and replied to false statements.
  16. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

Gawd bless you for setting some ruffians straight. The more people are informed the more likely they will be happy with the decision they make.
  17. brianpurkiss

Some people were so stupid that we were telling they were wrong, provided evidence, told them how to uncover for themselves that they were wrong, but they continued to insist that they were right.

Really annoying.
    squishypon3, Nicb1 and drz1 like this.
  18. thetrophysystem

Again, that burito guy... I don't get him for instance.

How dare him, he said "the AI was written by an idiot".

I mentioned it was written by Sorian, the better writer for the Supcom AI. So he can't sit there praising Supcom THEN slam PA AI. He however didn't do his own research so that caught him.
    squishypon3 and drz1 like this.
  19. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

If you think it's bad on a game forum, try attempting to set anyone straight on actually Important topics like GMO, climate change and the like. F**k the Internet, sometimes... Anyway, hopefully your actions will convert a few on the fencers to purchasing the game and spreading the love...fingers crossed!
  20. devoh

devoh Well-Known Member

ya totally agree JWest..
    I swear some people would rather complain than give props.. This seems to be the age of entitlement. I backed your game so I am entitled to make demands. You have a Community Manager so you should have to deal with snarks and flames.. If you watched.. when they gave us the Death Star it only shut people up for a few hours at best.. then right back to the demands on what must be in the game. If you criticize those people then you are attacking their right to "Free Speech".. the thing is if you can search on the user.. and their complaint.. they have made it a hundred times.. because you know the 101st time if really going to show Uber they are serious.
    Personally I don't know how Uber keeps the awesome coming after dealing with this stuff 100's of times a day.
    People wonder why they are not more "transparent" REALLY?!?! One I would argue they are extremely transparent.. and two if they aren't, which they are, perhaps it's because no matter what they do or say there will be a flame war that erupts. Perhaps it's a generational thing and how we were raised. For my opinion Uber has been fantastic. Even if they are unable to deliver, at launch time, on 100% of their kickstarter promises, still awesome and have my complete respect and support. People are now screaming because feature X was "promised" in livecast Y. Was it really promised, or was a dev stating how much they agreed and would LOVE to see that feature if possible. So how many livecasts with question and answers have we seen lately? Think the crap they are getting of supposed "promised" features has something to do with it? The way we are treating Uber is making them back away from us. IMHO.