Are the more advanced biomes going to be finished?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by RaTcHeT302, August 30, 2014.

1. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

2. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

Isn't there a desert biome in the game?
  3. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

Yes, but the features and landforms are nowhere near those in the concept art.
  4. dusanak

dusanak Member

I believe they tried it out and it didn't work out much. This kind of mountains can be really micro intensive but who knows, we may get it eventually.
  5. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Doubt we will ever get this. Game companies use this to hype the game then later deliver nothing close..the biomes we have now are not even close to that..they are all flat with no amazing details and strategic points which to me makes the game boring from an strategic standpoint.
    ace63, muhatib and Planktum like this.
  6. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Don't forget that this are concepts : they want to tend to this, but will maybe never be...
    (technical difficulties, time consuming, ressources hoarding...)
    corteks likes this.
  7. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

Uber said those pictures were to show all of the terrain features they wanted to add, but in reality they never intended to have them packed into such a small space.

Don't get me wrong, current biomes are far too featureless at the moment but uber never intended to have them that crowded, and I think they were right not to.
    corteks likes this.
  8. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Actually the game used to contain these features back during Alpha and Beta, most were removed due to pathing issues if I remember correctly.
  9. iron71

iron71 Member

I hope they improve the biomes, especially lava planets... Right now most planets are just flat with a few bumps that look stapled on in my opinion.
  10. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Squishy I remember I've been around since beta started. You could place turrets on top of plateaus etc..I really hope biomes are seriously overhauled with strategic detail or this game won't last long
  11. popededi

popededi Well-Known Member

The only thing I'm missing is that sweet sweet smash deformation crater for metal planets I saw on a screenshot once.
    kjotak109 and squishypon3 like this.
  12. RaTcHeT302

RaTcHeT302 Guest

Even then, I am sure they could probably implement the spiral islands we saw in the kickstarter video along with the lava planet concept, and I wouldn't mind more cramped planets if it ment that we could get some more variety instead of whatever flat planes we have now. There's no real strategy right now other than throwing a fuckton of enemies before the enemy manages to throw a fuckton of enemies at you from what I've seen at least. (I might be wrong though)

(I understand that game development is difficult but right now PA feels kinda soulless, although bear in mind I am sure they can eventualy get around the pathing issues, I am not so sure about the performance though)
    Last edited by a moderator: August 31, 2014
  13. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

I agree with you ratchet. I honestly would rather wage war over 3 planets each with their own strategic areas than wage war over ten life less/soul less flat planets...uber needs to realize the importance of having terrain affect gameplay.....It's one of the major things that made ta so awesome.
    ace63 and bradaz85 like this.
  14. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Well they do realise, however pathfinding has currently limited the ability to do so.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  15. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

You should try Aevs Cliffs mod, or The Revamped Desert Biome mod, they add A lot of biome variety and are preety cool, hopefully vanilla can get pathing right so we can see more of these cool concepts come to reality.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  16. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Does anyone play mods? Every time I check off mods no games show up..
  17. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Probably all playing the new build atm.
  18. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

There are at least 500 downloads of Statera, the problem is people don't look at the tab so games are often secluded to a couple players who know eachother.
  19. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Ahh I see..would love to try the new mods, regular game got a little boring for me...I wonder if naval is fixed in the latest build