Gas Giant Pics

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by brianpurkiss, August 28, 2014.

1. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Nukes don't detonate on collision. If you threw a nuclear missile off a building it wouldn't blow up. Nukes purposefully detonate when intended.
  2. martenbe

martenbe New Member

Yeah. Mostly nukes are mostly configured to detonate before impact. I think that the nuke on Hiroshima exploded at about 100m above ground (citation needed). Exploding above ground and not on impact greatly enhances the blast radius.

EDIT: Apparently it was 580m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki#The_bombing
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

huh, tmyk.

well ok then it would be nice to target orbital units with nuke
  4. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

I don't understand why people are talking about actual nukes when for 17 years of these games, they've always collided with their targets (for AWESOME factor).
  5. verybad

verybad Active Member

If you Halley a regular planet with a Gas Giant, what happens? (it SHOULD just eat the regular planet and have some interesting storm patterns where it entered IMO) Certainly no crater though...
  6. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

Can't do this.
  7. Engineer1234

Engineer1234 Well-Known Member

Supcom's nukes airburst.
  8. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Looks kinda placeholder to me. The bands need to be more pronounced and a storm or two wouldn't hurt.

hd23079_large.jpg

No they don't

[​IMG]