How often will you be on the forum?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by squishypon3, August 28, 2014.

1. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

So then, PA's launching... Uber and our's baby.. Now then, what's next? How long do you think you'll stay active on here?

I've seen forum veterans here and on other forums... Will you be a long running one yourself? ;)
  2. optimi

optimi Well-Known Member

I haven't been on the forums for as long as some of you guys, but you're one of the best online communities I know. PA's been a wild ride from start to finish, and I've loved being a part of the game and this community. Uber's continuing development on PA, and so should we.
    So hell yeah, I'll stick around.
  3. JWest

JWest Active Member

I mostly lurk anyway, but I pop in every now and then.
    microapple likes this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

no idea but it´s not like i would abbandon the forum any time soon ... definitivey going to see how the reactions on launchday will be ...
  5. spittoon

spittoon Member

this forum has been so helpful to me, so i'd like to do the fair-play-turnabout thing

maybe help some of the other new folks that will be streaming through soon

first 'new player' hint : sometimes a commander or a builder needs to be slapped across the face with the STOP command, if you need them to do something right now
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I'll be here as long as active development continues.

Personally I already manager multiple forum communities myself in past, but in case of PA I'm all for centralization because it's guarantee better future for the game and modding community. It's will require a lot of patience from Uber, but if they'll able to be as open minded as they now then it's will benefit long-term PA future.
    Fr33Lancer, Remy561 and drz1 like this.
  7. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

well if Uber keep adding to the game, I will keep checking in on here to see what's coming. Also, videos of tourneys and dev communications are nice to see.
  8. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

I'll be here for as long as Uber works on the game.
    Which hopefully will be a long time.
    igncom1 likes this.
  9. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

PA still has a long way to go, so I guess i'll continue stalking the forums for quite some time.

Been here from the beginning and will stay till the end.
    ArchieBuld likes this.
  10. elwyn

elwyn Member

I will be lurking here until Sorians AI takes over the world..
  11. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

I'll be here. Watching. Waiting. To waggle my finger whenever the specter of dramarama rears its ugly head- to say CHILLAX PEEPS. And also I might start playing with Realm again once launch gets going. Maybe. I've got a lot of papers to publish before Christmas so... we'll see :) :D
  12. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I was here long before most anyone else, I will be here long after most anyone else.

If and when Uber starts a new project, depending on if I synergize with it, I will be there. If not, I will still be here, possibly might troll their subforums in much the same way Deadstretch and Knickles does this one.

Unlikely I will not care for their next project, Uber tends to have good taste, they shouldn't make a generic military shooter clone or something not interesting.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  13. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Well, I'm hardly ever not on the forum, and I don't see that changing anytime soon :)
  14. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

I'll be on the forum every day, no matter how busy I am.
  15. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

I just invested a couple afternoons building a tool to shadow json files for server mods. Today I even went back to refactor the awfulness to make it much less ugly.

The day I refactor code I write for a project is the day I'm stuck to that project forever.
    polaris173 and thetrophysystem like this.
  16. thetrophysystem

It was already decent, the problem wasn't the code, it was the user friendliness. I scripted minecraft code, but minecraft has a jar and launcher. Your code was completely easy for me to understand, but not launch. I failed packing it so many times lol.

Hope mods are always this excellent though, and your code would definitely help.
  17. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

well, I posted some new stuff a couple hours ago. no more dumb specifying directories for each file in ActionList, just the file name and it will find and structure it for you.
    https://github.com/lrolleman/JSONShadowTool

next is pulling all that stuff out so I can just compile it into a jar and not have all that craziness again :)
  18. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Once upon a time I said to myself, "yeah, I'll definitely stick around on X forum / community for a long time". Well, more than once. And it usually didn't pan out for as long as I had expected.
    Honestly, I can never tell how long I'll stick around anywhere. It really depends on how long / how often the game can hold my interest (since I tend to flip back and forth between playing different games for a while), if I get too busy, etc. There are a lot of factors involved.
  19. thetrophysystem

Been here longer than anywhere. A1Game community, Xphaze Renegade Community, Delirious Clan, THEN this one, and since then came and gone from Cups of Rage, Realm, but still here and will probably stick around as long as the devs are still here and fun stuff is happening.

This is like the programming equivalent of the mofo willy wonka factory.
    nixtempestas likes this.
  20. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General