List of bugs in Build 71378

Discussion in 'Support!' started by liltbrockie, August 28, 2014.

1. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Had a complete exe crash when using the system editor. Before that, there were freezes when trying to make a metal planet smaller than 500 radius.

PA crash in system editor.jpg

The exe was using almost 3 GB of memory in the task manager at the time of the crash. No UI crash as there were still instances of the CUIHOST files.

EDIT: New image available.

PA crash details.JPG

EDIT 2: Added PA log

Attached Files:

Last edited: August 29, 2014
  2. gerii

gerii Member

It always chooses the Progenitor when starting a match instead of my standard commander, the Armalisk.
    System Designer - When I click on a template multiple times it places them all on the same spot until I move one of them, then it behaves as previous.
  3. suketchi

suketchi Member

Okay this is not a bug, but why is on the metal planet not a "energy planet storage" you must refill after you placed the 5 catalysts? And when one of the catalysts will be destroyed the refill stops. The enemy can also resume the refill when he placed his own 5 catalysts.

Like the same as the commander with his uber canon have?
  4. mabn

mabn Member

v71400: Not sure if that was reported in the past, but there is a nasty bug regarding radars. When t1 radar completes building while there is no power it will not work. It will not work after power is restored, or even if it is turned off/on. The only fix is to self-destruct it and make a new one.

Same with t2 radar. Orbital radars are not affected.

I noticed that bug on stable version, release or two before and I thought it was already fixed, but it was not, or it returned.
    aevs likes this.
  5. tollman

tollman Member

1 - As mentioned by others, when I tried to queue up the building of the catalysts the fabbers would stop after only building one or just wouldn't move and I had to walk them right up to the construction point before they would build it.
    2 - had two metal resources which got attacked, one mex destroyed the other damaged but afterwards I could no longer build mexes on those spots.
    3- This is one I have not seen reported, I would have taken a screen shot but I don't know the button and couldn't see it in the button menus (sorry if I am blind). The 2000 radius gas giant which was blueish in the system builder was a completely uniform red with no textures on it and around it in space there was a square blackness like the planet was framed in it. It could still be mined though.
    Generally performance seemed very good.
    badfucatus likes this.
  6. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

still seeing spawn points in lava (though spawning on them causes you to get stuck)
  7. syndrix

syndrix New Member

I am playing a shared army game, my commander died but I was still playing as the other commander was still alive. About every 10 or 15 seconds i get the audible alarm that my commander health is low and overheating as if he is dying all over again. This same game is also experiencing a lot of sim lag not sure if this is factoring into it or not.

I am on the 71400 build PTE
  8. mikeyh

mikeyh Post Master General

PTE 74100 on OS X 10.9.5 (13F24) client crash:

Code:
    Crashed Thread:  12

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
    abort() called
    *** error for object 0x610003e24080: Heap corruption detected, free list canary is damaged

Thread 12 Crashed:
    0  libsystem_kernel.dylib            0x00007fff8d1df866 __pthread_kill + 10
    1  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff8857935c pthread_kill + 92
    2  libsystem_c.dylib                0x00007fff849bab1a abort + 125
    3  libsystem_malloc.dylib            0x00007fff8bbeabee nanozone_error + 486
    4  libsystem_malloc.dylib            0x00007fff8bbeadb0 _nano_malloc_check_clear + 445
    5  libsystem_malloc.dylib            0x00007fff8bbe96b0 nano_malloc + 35
    6  libsystem_malloc.dylib            0x00007fff8bbe7868 malloc_zone_malloc + 71
    7  libsystem_malloc.dylib            0x00007fff8bbe827c malloc + 42
    8  libc++.1.dylib                    0x00007fff8e70528e operator new(unsigned long) + 30
    9  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f4bd3d7 void std::__1::__tree<unsigned int, std::__1::less<unsigned int>, std::__1::allocator<unsigned int> >::__assign_multi<std::__1::__tree_const_iterator<unsigned int, std::__1::__tree_node<unsigned int, void*>*, long> >(std::__1::__tree_const_iterator<unsigned int, std::__1::__tree_node<unsigned int, void*>*, long>, std::__1::__tree_const_iterator<unsigned int, std::__1::__tree_node<unsigned int, void*>*, long>) + 583
    10  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f4bc602 OrderInfo::OrderInfo(OrderHistory const*, ViewpointEvalParams const&) + 498
    11  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f4b6604 PAObjectInfoFactory::createObjectInfo(EntityHistory const*, ViewpointEvalParams const&) + 260
    12  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f3ec61a ClientViewpointImpl::updateNote(ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*, ViewpointEvalParams const&, bool, std::__1::vector<std::__1::pair<int, ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::pair<int, ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*> > >&, std::__1::vector<std::__1::pair<int, ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*>, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::pair<int, ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*> > >&, std::__1::vector<ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*, std::__1::allocator<ClientViewpointImpl::EntityNote*> >&) + 906
    13  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f3eb617 ClientViewpointImpl::update(float, ViewpointEvalParams const&) + 1303
    14  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f58dd1a ViewpointController::update(float) + 602
    15  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f58da66 HistoryViewerImpl::update(float) + 422
    16  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f2ba1e9 client::ConnectionToServer::update(float) + 537
    17  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f2e5e09 std::__1::__function::__func<client::ClientGame::updateAndPresent(crom::Profiler&, float)::$_22, std::__1::allocator<client::ClientGame::updateAndPresent(crom::Profiler&, float)::$_22>, void (unsigned long, unsigned long, unsigned long)>::operator()(unsigned long&&, unsigned long&&, unsigned long&&) + 425
    18  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f6554b9 crom::AsyncParallelForDriver::threadExecute() + 729
    19  com.uberent.pa.client            0x000000010f656941 void* std::__1::__thread_proxy<std::__1::tuple<void (crom::AsyncParallelForDriver::*)(), crom::AsyncParallelForDriver*> >(void*) + 113
    20  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff88578899 _pthread_body + 138
    21  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff8857872a _pthread_start + 137
    22  libsystem_pthread.dylib          0x00007fff8857cfc9 thread_start + 13

9. forrestthewoods

forrestthewoods Uber Alumni

Update: This thread is still fantastically helpful. Please keep it going.
    EdWood, wondible, Remy561 and 3 others like this.
  10. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

In the system editor to change the temperature to 100 planet goes white and the background turns black. Entered it into the bug tracker is issue FS#4007.
  11. aevs

aevs Post Master General

Lava planet water height slider is locked (cannot modify lava height). This can however be circumvented by changing the planet type, changing the water height, and switching back to the lava planet.

So either:
    A) It's intentional that water height is locked for lava planets (and I really hope that isn't the case), or
    B) It was locked by accident​
    Either way, it is possible to modify locked planet attributes by changing back and forth between planet types, so you may want to fix that.
  12. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

This happens on loss or victory. When it comes up you hit the left most button to close the window so you can see the stats or continue spectating. Ever 5 secs or so it will come back up. Only mod I have is pastats. Maybe it is related?
  13. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Tried to record something cool, but experienced a complete sim freeze when I attempted to fire a laser at a small launchable moon, then the moon fired at the metal planet, then the moon smashed the metal planet's laser, 1 of the catalysts exploded but not the other 4 and no crater was left, just an uncratered metal planet, a giant explosion, and a frozen simulation.

http://www.twitch.tv/trophysystem/manager/562968889/highlight

Not trying to get followers or anything btw, but Twitch fails to export to Youtube half the time now. I have had to do a 16 step process to port videos from twitch to my machine and then to youtube. I am about to make some flashy dubstep outro and catchy one liners since I have to run them through my machine for editing anyway...
    Antiglow likes this.
  14. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I noticed some pathing issues arount the poles of the metal planet, trying to order fabbers to go assist a catalyst that was about halfway round the planet from them, they stopped, looked like they couldn't path towards it past all the decals and stuff on the surface, had to manually order them to move around closer before they would assist.

Also, used the laser to blow up the planet enemy Com was on, but game didn't end. Clicking on the enemy com's location took me to the sun, suggesting the enemy com teleported there.
  15. mikeyh

You can change anything by just previewing the planet.

After a preview everything is unlocked...
  16. JWest

JWest Active Member

2 things -

1) This might just be my display drivers, but I just had a game crash. I was switching planets, and when I switched to another planet the screen just went blue (like the teal background color of the "space" backdrop, but no stars). The UI was still there, but I couldn't see anything but solid blue. Tried to exit and hop back in, but my game was dropped.

2) I'm still getting the "checking manifest" issue with the launcher. It spends about 3-5 minutes doing that every time I launch the game, regardless of whether or not there's been a patch. Very annoying, but I can still live with it...
  17. kayonsmit101

kayonsmit101 Active Member

Posted this somewhere else but the metal planets beam will pass through other planets and the sun in order to hit it's target. The planet that is in the way sustains no damage though.
  18. xSkitz

xSkitz Member

My commander was on a Gas planet surrounded by anchors. When my opponent sent his avengers to kill me, I was sure I had lost but it seems my Commander vanished into the planet. Has only happened once but I certainly should have lost.

(I was able to SSX snipe him a few moments later)

Edit: I also had a problem with my Avengers idly standing by all of my enemies Orbital fabricators and jigs without attacking them. If I commanded them to attack one they would stop attacking anything after killing one. I had to shift queue all his units.
  19. mikeyh

The cannot select anything defect might be back in some way with PTE 74100/71378 on OS X 10.9.5 (13F24).

Once in this state you can't select any units and need to restart the client.

Tried escape, shift, caps lock, etc to see if it was shift issue. Not a coherent crash as you can still hit escape to see the menu.

Locked up in 2 out of 5 games on both 71400 and 71378.

EDIT: Found a way out of this by toggling PIP views then selecting.
  20. Antiglow

Antiglow Well-Known Member

For me the sim freezes for a long while every time I try to smash a metal planet or a planet with more than a few trees on it ( EDIT: Any planet made in a custom system) happens 75% of the time. Same as @thetrophysystem experienced
    Last edited: August 30, 2014