Units freazing

Discussion in 'Support!' started by vhlulke, August 24, 2014.

1. vhlulke

vhlulke New Member

Hi all,

Enjoying PA except for when playing Galactic War. The AI and I starting to create a lot of units units and factories freeze or move slowly with jerking movements. I can still access menu's zoom in\out\rotate and jump between moons and planets. I have checked task manager and cpu is about 60% with PA using about 2.5gb of my 8gb installed.

I have reduced my resolution turned all options to low \off in graphics setting.

Ingame fps is 60fps.

PC Spec
    I7 4770 @ 3.50ghz
    8GB Ram
    GTX 680
    Windows 8.1 64

Any advice on solving the above would be great.

Attached Files:

2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

If you're getting 60 fps ingame, but you get unit freezes, that's a server issue.

Currently, I don't think much can be done until release.

Nothing is wrong with your Dxdiag so far. Your drivers are up to date, you have 8gb of RAM, and you have a powerful graphics card.
  3. vhlulke

vhlulke New Member

Thanks, guess I will have to hope that the next release sorts things out for me.
  4. Qyeo

Qyeo New Member

I would like to add that I have recently been having similar issues with PA, however they have been in relation to multiplayer games involving myself and one AI. The game doesn't lockup as i can still look around the planet, however the units lockup for as long as 5 seconds, which as you can imagine gets quite frustrating. I thought I'd mention this as clearly this problem is not restricted to Galactic War. Hope this gets fixed

Attached Files: