Slammers are the Most Powerful Naval Unit

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by brianpurkiss, August 4, 2014.

1. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

They should also lose their speed advantage in water.
    muhatib likes this.
  2. elodea

elodea Post Master General

Basically, slammers are op for two reasons and two reasons only.
    1) It has greater range (240) than every single other unit in the game that can shoot torpedos. This includes t1/t2 torpedo launchers.
    2) It is faster than any other naval unit

I think the dilemna for naval units is pretty clear when you combine these two facts. One slammer and one orbital radar can kill infinite number of ships or naval buildings given enough room to move.

We can talk all day about damage or dps being too high, but this isn't really the issue. Slammer could have very low dps and still be king of the seas.
    Quitch and muhatib like this.
  3. Gerfand

Gerfand Active Member

probably the engine was not read to get slammers w/ torps... anyway a good way to fix it is to reduce it land damage and make it fire torps only when it cannot be targeted by ground fire
    Last edited: August 13, 2014
  4. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

time to get the submarines involved
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I would love to have Submarines... Unfortunately it doesn't seem like that'll happen for a while. :-(
  6. ace902902

ace902902 Active Member

sooo, just remove slammers torpedoes and nerf range a bit. done. maybe nerf speed a bit when underwater too.
  7. warlordrurik

warlordrurik New Member

I don't really understand why they have made land units able to fight underwater in the first place, it has made naval combat a bit pointless, in my opinion anyway.... Its basically land combat... But underwater. (Which makes no sense).

It feels to me the whole naval combat balance is ruined, you can just flood Dox into the water and bypass naval defences.

I'd prefer it to go back to not being able to have land units travel underwater... You can't use oceans/lakes/seas etc as natural defence barriers now and to me... that really sucks.
    Brokenshakles and ace63 like this.
  8. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

I fully agree - makes the terrain even more dull than it already is.