Combat Fabbers

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by mnc2004, August 24, 2014.

1. mnc2004

mnc2004 New Member

Soo... I really wonder why they took away the ability for Combat fabbers to assist (which isnt a bad thing) but kept its price the same????? 720 metal for 1 combat fabber that can only repair/reclaim stuff??? They got great buildpower but if it cannot use it for building then why is it still so expensive? Back when it was able to assist in building i could understand its price of 720 metal but now... i think 200-250 metal is a better price.
    aevs likes this.
  2. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

What i would like to see is combat-fabbers being able to build more defensive structures, with good efficiency and also to make them be the bots that drill out mountains to move units through.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Yes. The Combat Fabber assisting was a bad thing. We had a bunch of topics up at the time.

Combat fabbers assisting was a weird and unintuitive way to play. It meant only a small number of factories were required.

Possibly the price should be lowered, but combat fabbers are pretty useless in just about any circumstance aside from Vanguards and Infernos since units have such low health. Unless Uber doubles the health of units, there's little point to Combat Fabbers.
  4. ef32

ef32 Well-Known Member

Yeah, those look like they could be incredible addition to your army, but only in theory. They are expensive and extremely fragile, which makes them less combat and more base repair and forest reclaimer units.
  5. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Yeah they also need to be sturdier, being able of taking damage.
  6. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

You most certainly don't want that.

Deathballs have a little brother - healing balls. Just as bad, you can't actually damage them (unless one-hitting any unit) because they can regenerate faster than you can deal damage by any normal terms.

Fabbers not being able to soak damage (and most important: Not being able to be healed efficiently!!!) is a necessary weakness.

Once again, problem with Combat Fabbers isn't unit stats. It's unit behavior. They way Combat Fabbers are designed, they are supposed to be deployed in second row. Their heal beam has a rather long range, and that range should be put to good use.

However, this just isn't supported by any of the commands we have right now. When using the assist command, the Fabber isn't really expected to close in when idle, because that makes the Fabber a first priority target. It would be supposed to stay back when idle, but still following so it can heal the entire group.
  7. ArchieBuld

ArchieBuld Active Member

The best thing about the Combat Fabber is that it uses zero energy. They are pretty useful when your commander is damaged. You can use as many Combat Fabbers as you want to heal your commander, it's just the metal price that can be too much for them, but I think it's a fair trade. High price for free usage.
  8. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

Their behaviour must be improved to that point that the combat-fabber can automatically repair units without putting themselves in danger, make them if they spot enemies stay as far away from them as possible when repairing. Make them either hard to target or able to take a few bullets without dying (In this case they will have to be hard to repair, maybe only repairable by normal fabbers).
  9. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I think the problem is the price (stats if you call it that). 720 metal didn't make them being used much recently right?
    elodea likes this.
  10. philoscience

philoscience Post Master General

On top of all the good ideas on the thread, lets talk about ADVANCED combat fabbers, which have seemingly never had a purpose since their original introduction. Can we just go ahead and retcon this unit into something more useful? I'm not even sure what it would take for an ACF to work.
  11. mot9001

I hereby declare we claim Orange, Green and White for the Realm to be used in all our games as team colour. Aproved by our clan contact Burntcustard.
  12. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Well it has a little turret on the front of it, it doesn't actually fire though. I'd suggest the advanced combat fab to have a slower are heal whilst basic repairs very quickly but one unit at a time.
  13. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

The Me-Red Black Detachment of the Realm uses Red as its official color.
  14. mot9001

how did i post that here lol