Bug - Graphics literally disappear when zooming out (Galactic War)

Discussion in 'Support!' started by johnmatrix82, August 16, 2014.

1. johnmatrix82

johnmatrix82 New Member

Hello, I've tried to search a bit but it seems I couldn't find it, so I'm sorry if this has been posted other times. I've bought the game yesterday on steam and I was trying it in the Galactic War before going on-line.

I have an akward issue with the graphics of the game, very often, usually while playing Galactic War, when I'm about to use orbital stuff (with this I mean that I've a running economy and I'm about to move to another planet to search for the enemy commander).. well I zoom out from my owned planet and.. this happens:
    disappearing.jpg

Other times everything just disappears.. Icons, planets background.. only the interface keeps running but I can't do anything else than close PA and restart the campaign.

As you can see I'm using a dual monitor setup (primary 1920x1200, secondary 1024x768) on a Nvidia GTX 660 with the latest drivers (340.52).
    The rest of the system is:
    i5 3570k
    2x4Gb 1600mhz DDR3
    Msi Z77A-G45.

I'm not overclocking the videocard nor the cpu; it seems graphic corruption, but the card runs relatively cool (less than 50°C and the fans aren't never spinning that much like in other games do). I don't have any issue with any other game I play, Mechwarrior Online, War Thunder, The Witcher 3, Battlefield 3/4 Batman AO, Dishonored.. only to mention those I've played recently.

I'm also experiencing quite a bit of times Windows' 7 memory/ram alert that it's getting full; it's the first time I think I find a game demanding so much gigs of ram.

I'm attaching the dxdiag, I'll try to post other screenshots when I experience other glitches or disappearing stuff.

Attached Files:

2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Hello,

PA does not support multiple monitors at this time. The min. screen resolution is 1280 x 720, and it looks like the 1024 x 768 monitor is causing some issues.

Try unplugging your smaller monitor and see if it helps.
  3. johnmatrix82

johnmatrix82 New Member

I'll try to do that, maybe tomorrow when I shouldn't have any use of the secondary monitor :)
  4. johnmatrix82

johnmatrix82 New Member

So, using a single monitor that issue seems solved.

I'm still running into interface crashing and memory issues though.
  5. kjotak109

The interface crashing? That's a UI crash. You have to press F5 or reboot PA in order to fix these errors.

Memory issues? Can you please check to see how much RAM the computer is using up in the task manager?

Additionally, you may want to look through this thread. The OP had similar problems with memory errors.
    Last edited: August 17, 2014
  6. Pokletu

Pokletu New Member

I can confirm this bug.

I don't run in 2 SEPARATE monitors, but my one view spans 3 monitors. I run a 290 in eyefinity, stock clocks, and a 2500K @4012MHz; 8 gigs ram. 5040x1050 resolution. Windowed mode.

I've experienced it twice, now, since the last patch(and never previously) that after zooming out to orbit, EVERYTHING disappears except the UI. I'm not able to switch to other planets, pan the view; nothing. Just the UI, and it appears that if my cursor(which still shows) goes over a unit, it becomes a default action icon.

Unlike the first time, however, I found that if I opened the thumbnail view on the bottom right, I could see the planet. (After shrinking the window to a 1-monitor aspect ratio,) I was able to swap the thumbnail out to the main view, and everything was restored(then was able to re-expand the window to a preferred 3-screen span).

Of course, about 20 minutes later, the frikkin' server dropped me...
    johnmatrix82 likes this.
  7. kjotak109

Hello,

Please try running on one monitor only as PA has problems with multiple monitors.

Also, please post your Dxdiag so I can further analyze your system.
  8. Pokletu

Pokletu New Member

There's no need for me to TRY running in one monitor; I know it does that; and I already posted a workaround that I discovered. Anyway, here's the DXDiag...

Attached Files:

9. kjotak109

Graphics drivers are more than a month old:

Code:
    Card name: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
    Driver Version: 14.200.1004.0
    Driver Date/Size: 7/9/2014 11:52:14, 1330912 bytes
    The latest AMD beta drivers can be found at the bottom of this link:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64#amd-catalyst-packages
  10. Pokletu

Pokletu New Member

If the game can't tolerate a ONE month-old driver, it's certainly not market-ready. At 'launch', there's going to be users with far, far older drivers than one month.