MNCDS Runtime Errors.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by Largo_npc, February 4, 2011.

1. Largo_npc

Largo_npc New Member

Been waiting ages for a dedicated server file I can run on our Game Server box at Uni.
    First time I tried to launch, It said d3dx10_43.dll was missing, forcing me to install DirectX on the server. Considering this server has lots of other games running on it, I fail to see why it needs DirectX.
    Anyway, got that sorted and now I just get Runtime errors everytime I try to launch the dedicated server. It doesn't even give any details so I have no idea how to go about resolving the issue if at all possible.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

can you run hldsupdatetool.exe -command update -game mondaynightcombat -dir INSTALL DIR and make sure you haver version 2.
  3. Largo_npc

Largo_npc New Member

I did it literally 2 minutes ago and still have the issues. I'll wipe the install and try a fresh.
  4. Largo_npc

Largo_npc New Member

Yup, Version 2 is on and the issues persist.

EDIT: 2nd Reinstall seems to have sorted it. Good times!
  5. racquemis

racquemis New Member

runtime error also occurs when ini files are not up to date, that proably caused the issue.
  6. FuhrerMike

FuhrerMike New Member

You need to install the DirectX Runtime on the server.
  7. SpikerNoob

SpikerNoob New Member

This
  8. dragon2611

dragon2611 New Member

Try installing Visual C++ 2008 redistrubutable, It downloads with MNCDS and is vc90redist_x86.exe found in the binaries\win32\support folder....

If you find redistubutable fails to install then try rebooting the machine first.

I couldn't get it to install at first, then realised it was due to a windows update that needed a reboot to finish (new windows install) the error thrown up by the installer isn't helpful in the slightest and doesn't actually tell you that's the problem :roll:

Anyway after finally getting that C++ 2008 Redistributable package to install it fixed the rather cryptic sidebyside error that MNCDS would die with. (Figured it needed that Package installing by the crap it left in the event log)