Someone can explain to me the logic of this game.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kalherine, August 18, 2014.

1. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Someone explain to me the logic of this game.

I try to understand the concept, I try to find the best aspect of the game as a true rts.

I try to find different tactics and massive battles by land, air, sea, or any other option that is sufficiently viable to bring players of this genre and conquer them with has you all say `amazing game´.

Of course I do not understand nothing off rts games ,so im sure you top rts players can give me the right prespective to i explain to others that want to buy other rts games that are coming ,the logic of this game as a whole, since this game is in development for so long im sure you guys have lot arguments.
    What is the logic of this rts for the new future of gaming and what got bether and best ,to make players not buy other rts combat that are coming.

i´ve see two reviews that not believe this game ,do they have reasons for that?
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

uhhh, I'm not sure what you mean by "logic of PA", what is the "logic" of any RTS game?
  3. doud

doud Well-Known Member

New RTS coming ? really ? Except "Act of agression" from Eugen system, which is likely to be some kind of C&C game (except maybe when it comes to resource management), I do not see any other RTS coming.
  4. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

This is just 1 off them and i talk rts similar to Supreeme commanders the best rts we still got out there
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

>INB4 TA is best RTS out there.
  6. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

So what you are asking is why we people like PA over other other RTSs, or why we like RTSs in general?
  7. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I think he's asking what reasons are there for /other/ people to pick this RTS over other RTS's in the future, being developed now. What makes this one different? Why should they play this one instead.

My question is... Why can't people like a lot of games, and play more than one?
  8. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

This one is modern, and is still being developed, rather then modded.
  9. LmalukoBR

LmalukoBR Well-Known Member

PLay more then one game?! BLASPHEMY!

What next you will tell me i can play other genres?
    Or worse, get out from the front of the computer once in a wile?
  10. Planktum

Planktum Post Master General

Grey Goo
    Etherium
  11. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Grey goo => by former C&C devs wanting to come back to original & classical STR rules => We've got tons of them.
    Etherium => published by Focus interractive , C&C str like => We've got tons of them

The only current serious alternative (from a technological perspective) is "Act of agression" by Eugen system (Act of war, Act of war Treason, R.U.S.E. [introducing revolutionary IRIS engine with strategical zoom] and sequels.

However all of these games do not benefit from very original gameplay compared to inter-planetary STR.
    Except Act of agression, No strategic zoom, which to me is a mandatory feature.
    AI => so far, only Sorian has proven to be able to bring a really challenging AI
    Pathfinding => Dying to watch these games in action
    No gameplay footage for these game so far.
  12. archmagecarn

archmagecarn Active Member

PA's draw is that it features gameplay on a much larger scale than basically any other RTS in the works right now. You fight over entire solar systems at once, managing forces of hundreds or even thousands at once in massive interplanetary battles. Combine that with modding potential and developers that will support the game for a long time after release, and PA is a game that will only get better over time.

That's how I would pitch it, at least. It's very optimistic, but the best thing we can do for the game right now is get more people to play it.
    camycamera and Planktum like this.
  13. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

Why do you guys even react to this thread? It's a thinly veiled troll, filled with leading questions and passive-aggressive remarks regarding any potential dissent. I mean, seriously? Quoting OP here: "im sure you top rts players can give me the right prespective"

If the OP is genuinely interested in a discussion over PA's place in the RTS genre and whether it fulfills its claims - then that should take place in a thread that actually encourages a constructive debate. Not this.
    Last edited: August 18, 2014
  14. Planktum

There is game play footage -

That being said, Planetary Annihilation is my RTS of choice for the foreseeable future. I've played Starcraft 2, R.U.S.E. and all the Wargame series, and after playing Planetary Annihilation I definitely prefer it's scale, pace and overall design compared to the others.
  15. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Oh lol, Kath
    many.

most notable in my eyes is the new homeworld. by the homeworld team. (and, YES, they finally were allowed to use the name Homeword, by it's IP holder and for FREE too! : D )
  16. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the logic of this game is to build and blow up tons of tons of stuff in any way possible ... and kill enemy commanders ... and smash planets ...
  17. doud

doud Well-Known Member

which confirms that Grey Goo is allready old fashionned :D
  18. Planktum

Hence, why I said "Planetary Annihilation is my RTS of choice for the foreseeable future... I definitely prefer it's scale, pace and overall design compared to the others." I doubt I will even play any of the others.
  19. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Exacly
  20. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

They can and its how it showld be ...
    But has you now games cost money ,and not many have the money to buy + then 1 game to play online .
    So will be a time that they will make the option and see what bether fits to them to buy 1 game and play with friends or not a game they like!

Iff you think or how i think, i like buy and play with friends a game that makes me feel good .
    I still play online Crysis ,Unreal 3,FAF, Starcraft 2,grid/warframe/Hawken......
    But every this games im play on the moment i buy i could have choose others and maybe i have like them insted this ones,but im play what my friends (Portuguese Clan) have buy no one have arguments to say wy others where bether..