BRN social tournament 3 – the 2v2 edition! (16 Aug)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mishtakashi, August 13, 2014.

1. mishtakashi

mishtakashi Active Member

:D, fellow kiwi?
  2. mishtakashi

In a couple of hours I'll match up the single's pool and have a chat with Elite about our brackets - are you still keen to join @clopse ? Also @mabdeno what is your in game name - have you signed up via the google doc?
  3. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

Yep, Dunedin is my home Town

Signed up, my in game name is Fafnir
    mishtakashi likes this.
  4. mishtakashi

There are two other RLM players signed up in the singles pool, have you played with taxman66 or lockysmile before?
  5. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

I've hardly played at all in the last 4 months so it won't make much of a difference to who I handicap :-D
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  6. mishtakashi

lol awesome man, you might wanna watch this cookie cutter build from elodea then....
  7. mishtakashi

Here is the format folks, we start with a round robin for 5 teams, then a big 2v2v2v2v2, and finally a final 2v2 based upon the winning teams from the Round Robin.

The systems are going up on the system sharing mod - team burning tab as we speak so go check them out :D

tentative teams are listed below

Elite Dom
    Battlebear cdrfk
    alpha penguin or Clopse? deathgaurd
    taxman locky
    ghost fafnir

If you haven't played this patch I strongly recommend you watch Elodea's cookie cutter build on youtube
    Last edited: August 16, 2014
  8. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

mishtakashi likes this.
  9. mishtakashi

A big thank you to all our players today, congrats to the winners of the tournament - @clopse , @alphapenquin you guys did a great job taking down the select teams of both Team Burning and Promethean! Considering Clopse and Alpha only started playing together at the beginning of this tournament they did a great job, Well done!

A huge thanks to @cptconundrum for setting up the system sharing and also to @proeleert who was invaluble in organisation and managing the tournament and results! You guys at exodus do a great job :). Kudos to Elite for the concept and systems etc.
    Last edited: August 16, 2014
    cdrkf, rivii and Clopse like this.
  10. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

Thank you for this great tournament! It was great fun and some really good games got played! Well played everyone!
    mishtakashi and pieman2906 like this.
  11. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it went well, wasn't able to join this time, super keen for future ones though.
    mishtakashi likes this.
  12. mishtakashi

Our next one won't be for a couple of months I think as many of us need to focus on uni as we approach the end of our academic year, November/December we will prob get back into it
  13. mabdeno

mabdeno Active Member

It was great fun, thanks for running it. I enjoyed the games despite being completely trounced in all of them. :)
    cdrkf, rivii and mishtakashi like this.