Planetary Dox

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by jorisk, August 15, 2014.

1. jorisk

jorisk Member

Since this version:

- No need for T2 anymore
    - No need for Nukes/antinuke anymore
    - No need for orbital stuff anymore
    - No need for Naval anymore
    - No need for air anymore

All you need is some metal extractors, some power, 20 dox factories and you are good to go.

Game has been quite ruined, i will wait for the next patch.
    nefael likes this.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

3. marve

marve New Member

Yup, game has been degraded to a point where people only build dox factories. All the other stuff is not important anymore. Problem is you'll have to do it yourself as well otherwise you will never make it.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

5. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Nothing to see here. What needs to be said, has been said already.
  6. Arachnis

Arachnis Well-Known Member

Just play one of the balance mods until the game is finished.
  7. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

I have used dox + tanks + t2 tanks in a game, it was a very fun and intense match full of interplanetary, back and forth raiding, and huge battles. If you only use dox throughout the whole match, you need to seek more skilled players, honestly.
  8. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Please and thank you. Just play balance mods. Update comes, play it, give feedback here, try to be less a cynist about it, then go back to the balance mod.

No need to be that guy who partakes in the ridicule of each single patch's unit balance. AND IT'S NEVER THAT SERIOUS. People playing ants and combat fabbers I hear are not having too hard a time. It is really a pubstomp strategy because openings are easy to come by.
    Jaedrik likes this.
  9. Joefesok

Joefesok Member

Balance wave hasn't shown up yet.

Not to mention that, if you haven't managed to stop a base before they get 20 dedicated doxen factories without even bothering with t2 and enough econ to sustain it you kind of deserve what's about to happen.
    drewsuser likes this.
  10. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Lol.... the balance is 'just dox' until you play someone who knows what they're doing :p

Dox are a bit too good in water, but otherwise they're ok and need a modest adjustment otherwise they'll be useless again....
  11. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

an unfortunate problem that indicates something is wrong with the balance as a whole........I wonder.......
  12. cdrkf

Not really, I just think people here on the one had complain that Scathis makes far too large balance adjustments, then on the other hand request balance changes that are equally or even larger than the ones they're complaining about.

As far as I can tell the balance isn't really that far off- not neccesarily what everyone would like (e.g. T2 isn't specialst really), but not fundamentally unplayable. Dox need to be adjusted down *a bit* to bring them back in line with tanks again. The main issue with dox at the moment is their ability to shoot naval- fixing that will make them much better as holding a lake with naval (and imporatntly torp boats) will allow you to protect yourself from dox raids.

On land I don't think they're too bad, and I'm not really sure why people are complaining about their AA capability- in my games it's not really been an issue?
  13. mered4

It has been for air fabbers. You only need dox to kill someone using air fabbers to expand....which is risky in the first place.now its just plain stupid to use them.
  14. cdrkf

True, although I think this was always the case with earlier games in the genre (TA and Spring for example). The problem of having simulated projectiles I guess. Also I alwalys have at least 1 air factory in the first few minuts of the game so if I spotted someone going air fabs I'd take them out reguardless...
  15. mered4

Yeah, but even then, I'd be able to use air to guard them and stuff, at least for a little while. And again, they offer rapid expansion and invulnerability to raiding at the cost of vulnerability to fast and cheap units which are usually spammed early game.

That invulnerability to light ground is an important aspect and dox currently make that start useless.
  16. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

dox are a bit too cheap right now and underwater could use a little adjusting (or even better naval could use a good pass) but otherwise I got no problem with them.
    cdrkf likes this.
  17. Bgrmystr2

Bgrmystr2 Active Member

I'm thinking bots being submersible is pretty cool, but shouldn't be able to fire underwater. Leave that to the torpedos of the advanced bots, which are also a bit of a problem, but I won't go into that.

If Dox were less accurate at hitting aircraft in a general sense, not saying by how much, it would make aircraft viable again against armies. Gunships, bombers, whatever have you.

Also, if Dox kept their damage output but ended up being slower than tanks while keeping their costs down, they'd have an amazing en-masse tactic of surround and swarm. As of now, Dox are spammed all day every day but tanks, while decent, aren't good enough because they can't outrun them. If tanks were made faster, or the other spectrum, Dox made slower, (whatever makes more sense) then tanks would cease to be large lumbering wastes of metal, and become useful, but would need to kite in order to be effective. Otherwise, they'll just get wrecked as they do now.

Close range against a swarm of Dox is not a place you want to be, so why is it that they're able to outrun nigh everything that can outrange them? Sense this doesn't make.
  18. optica1x

optica1x Member

So this is uber over buffing ( Cus this is how they like to balance ) as said in a vod a while back. Balancing a RTS game is a very challenging thing! people over look how hard it is all the time.
    Point one: Game is not finished.
    Point two relating to point one: Game is still being tested.
    Point three: Give feed back and suggestions to improve the player experience.

Simple is it not? Making a game is a lot of work and feedback from us important. Just saying zomg this is OP and shizzle aint the way to help make the game better. Yes its obvious that the dox is very powerful right now, but exploring the options how can they bring this down to a respectable level? And can it fit into the game best? I think the developers would appreciate it more if we give positive feedback and not ranting.
  19. epicblaster117

epicblaster117 Active Member

Funny though, modders have managed to make near perfect balances already without any blatant OP unbalanced units, also the balance mods are also seem to be more fun.
    stuart98 likes this.
  20. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Dang Dragonfly.
    stuart98 likes this.