Screen turns dark blue when switching planets

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cointreauversial, August 14, 2014.

1. cointreauversial

cointreauversial New Member

Hey Everyone,

First time poster and I am loving this game, however when switching back and forth between planets sometimes my screen goes completely blue, and the little miniview in the bottom right turns the same color. I can still select units via hot keys but the camera will not focus back on the unit I have selected nor will it focus back on the planets when hitting the ',' key. Here is a screenshot: blueish screen blank.png

I'd love to keep my galactic war going, but the only thing I can figure out to do is close the game out :(
  2. linike860

linike860 Uber Alumni

This is a known bug, the current way around it is to open up PiP (the little rectangle in the bottom corner) and swap the cameras between the two. Then be sure to copy the screen back to PiP so it doesn't have the blue screen either. We are working on a fix for the next build.
    spicyquesidilla likes this.
  3. cointreauversial

Ok, my Pip is blue too, so no fix for that then?
  4. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

This should be in the support forum. To fix the problem open op the pip in the right buttom corner and press the two arrows in the pip Windows. This should Make the planet visible again
  5. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

Try pressing f5 if the other fix dosent help
  6. vrishnak92

vrishnak92 Active Member

I was wondering if this problem was known or not. F5 or pip workaround you say?
  7. cointreauversial

I've tried the following suggestions... For me if my PiP is blue as well (from hitting the wrong button typically) I am screwed... f5 just refreshes a blue screen. However, I have started using "," instead of clicking on the planet in the top right to switch planets, and it seems to have alleviated the issue for me.
    cdrkf likes this.