Uber Weekly Update - August 13, 2014

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, August 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Personally don't see anything negative in wreckage removal because I'm pretty sure it's temporary solution. With new pathing code pushed there is quite a lot work have to be done till it's going to work well and this is why I think it's temporary.

Talking about core features I remember one I really want: is unit kill count (not veterancy) implemented somewhere on server side yet? Can it be exposed though modding already?
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

like this?
    christer1966 likes this.
  3. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

Ooohhh here we go again, shall there yet be another **** storm about something! i need to buy popcorn guys ^^

And yet again Uber manages to do something where people get upset about, the things we said they should do to prevent this, and still they do not learn :p
  4. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

I will always argue that Planetary Annihilation is its own game, a unique experience created by really passionate developers who don't make any decision -- no matter how small -- without carefully considering it.

Planetary Annihilation, without wreckage, is still very influenced by macro-focused RTS games of old -- the "old" games we still love to play.

Mobile wreckage wasn't panning out in a way that made the game more fun. Maybe it'll return? We'd love to hear some reasons why you loved or enjoyed it. Feel free to list them. We're listening.
  5. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

ONE simple reason?

Less metal from mexes, more metal from the battle field. You said you don't want turtles, and that's the best way to avoid them.

The critic with wreckages was that you didn't have the grinding feature implemented yet so they did affect pathing in a bad way and blocked too many shots.

Besides, collecting the scrap metal after a skirmish with an area patrol command - it's as macro as it can get.
    Last edited: August 14, 2014
    eroticburrito, Uggeli, ace63 and 4 others like this.
  6. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Reclaim in its vanilla implementation is almost pointless.

Reclaiming in RCBM is extremely useful and can mean the difference between a win and a loss.
  7. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

you being impatient doesn't help making the game faster ...
    pieman2906 and squishypon3 like this.
  8. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I dont believe i ever heard anybody complaining that reclaiming isn't fun, please exlain i dont understand. I do feel like air might be OP because it never leaves a wreckage in this game, but it shouldn't be a reason of removal. The pathfinding and bullet blocking could be fixxed by turning to rubble easily.
  9. mjshorty

mjshorty Well-Known Member

reclaiming isnt fun, because the last time i checked, the units reclaim everything, including your own buildings, after they reclaimed my commander, i have never used the reclaim area command again. oh and its a pain to micro-manage it otherwise with economy
  10. KNight

KNight Post Master General

So....you're saying the best solution to broken Area-Reclaim is to.....remove the need for reclaim? You don't think it's be better to just FIX the reclaim command?

Mike
  11. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Was the reclaim command ever broken in the way he claims it was?
  12. KNight

No idea, I barely play the game.

Mike
  13. mjshorty

I did NOT state it was better to remove the need to reclaim altogether, i stated it is a pain to use it at the moment
  14. KNight

When you use it in defense of the wholesale removal or Mobile Unit Wreckage it sure reads like that's what you're saying.

Mike
  15. mjshorty

oh....i guess i implied that...woops
    i was meaning for it to be fixed o_O because reclaiming has worked before with TA and both supreme- commanders so there is a possibility for reclaiming to work
  16. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

[/quote]
    Erm.. Area reclaim only reclaims wreckage and trees, heck.. it doesn't even reclaim enemies!
    stuart98 likes this.
  17. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

last time i used areareclaim it left my buildings still standing ... just trees and scrap were gone ..
  18. hahapants

hahapants Active Member

I feel like I've missed some large announcement... Why is the game being prepped for shipment? There are core features that have yet to be implemented! Is the unit cannon, subs, etc no longer going to make it into the game? I can't speak for everyone, but I imagine I'm not alone in saying that would be a huge disappointment if this were to be the case.
    ace63 likes this.
  19. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

You haven't been in the last dozen forum conversations about 1.0 have you?
    cptconundrum likes this.
  20. KNight

You're forgetting about Ladders and Offline play too. Plus whatever else we learn about between now and whenever Release is.

Mike
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.