Polish : The List of Finishing Details yet to be implemented

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by stonewood1612, July 13, 2014.

1. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I don't remember that functionality ever being there. Although would've been handy.:)
  2. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

It was either Alpha or Beta, when the system editor was first put in for sure.
  3. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

I think we're talking about two different things. I'm talking about this:
    SV.JPG
    Edit: Was sometime in the Alpha when they added system editor eventually renaming it to system designer.;)
    kjotak109 likes this.
  4. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

Beta, because alpha didn't have multiple planets per system yet. I'm pretty sure that and orbital is what turned alpha into beta.

There used to be a number right there telling metal spot count. Back then metal spots were also visible in the system editor, but since (I think) it's random every time now, they removed them. Although I don't quite get why they removed the metal spot count in-game.
  5. stonewood1612

Updated, the list is getting quite big... That's a good and a bad thing at the same time :p
  6. 23chxt

23chxt New Member

Thanks Loki.

And I cant quote u, cuz im a new user forum! great.
  7. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

Game List:
    • Additional Tags (Teaching or Learning and Tournament)
    • You should be able to sort by the column headings.
    • You should be able to search by a player name
    • You should be able to filter by friends games
    • It would be nice if there were a way to save your filter preferences. For instance I would like to always have show modded and normal games ON by default myself.
    Game Lobby:
    • Alliance Max number of players box. You can change this number if you have alliances on that is that max amount of people per team. In other words if you have dynamic alliances on then this number would only let you be allied with that number of people. This way you could have alliances and victory on but not ally with a crazy number of people, you would have to be strategic about who you picked.
    • Way to have dynamic alliances in team games (Max number of teams in alliance setting) This will be come more important as the max number of players is increased.
    • Max number / target number of planets box. This way when you hit random you don't get 5 gazillion, unless you want to.
    • Way to see specs of solar system and planets. It would be GREAT if you could see how the solar system was setup, but at a minimum you should have as much information as the Game list.
    • Way to trade spots with another player. There are work rounds for this right now but it would be a nice to have.
  8. stonewood1612

Heh, you should be able to quote, hit the reply button in bottom right corner of the post you want to quote.
  9. stonewood1612

Updated a bit to the new pre build (aug 28), quite a bit of stuff needs checking to see if it's changed/implemented.
    Uber has done a lot of work and certain details have been done, but I didn't check everything just yet. So more editing later this day...

Also large posts seem to lose some open lines for some reason?

Happy smashing/lazering planets! :)
  10. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

There was a mod that did it in-game; can't remember if it was ever natively in there or not.
  11. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

Plus how unlikely it would be to have injured air units considering their life expectancy under fire.
  12. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Maybe the smoke could come out of commanders to show that they are about to explode. Or perhaps add a red glow around the commander.
  13. schuesseled192

Having a damaged state for a commander and nothing else would make it look odd, and the game unfinished.
  14. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

How would my idea make the game look odd and unfinished? What if the red warning notifications are not enough?
  15. schuesseled192

If I see a single blade of green grass among a field of yellow trodden down turf, I think wouldn't the whole pitch look better in green.
  16. stonewood1612

It's not uncommon to have just a few damaged aircraft in squadron. Does everybody suicide 100% of their aircraft when they attack with them? I guess so. Maybe. The smoke trails for damaged aircraft can be scratched.

Although now you made me think about regular trails for aircraft. If the trails were opaque smoke then it would far too messy. But if they are tiny, faint transparent white lines that only last just one second, it would be cool touch I believe.

I was trying to find an image, but I couldn't quite find one to show an example. I was thinking of trails that the protoss air units have in StarCraft 2, but maybe they were removed? I couldn't find an image. But I'm sure they leave very faint thin blue trails behind. I know what this would look like in PA, because I remember seeing swarms of interceptors leaving these trails behind and honestly looked more cool than messy.

Damaged states are cool. For things that have a lot of health. Like structures, commanders and ships. Even if they would just smoke and burn it would already look cool, it could use a damaged texture, but that just increases the game's size and memory usage. While particle emitters that are shared along many units, don't quite as much.

Also there should be a "death animation" for commanders. (discussed in an other thread) They should crack open and burst with strong blue (same blue as their explosion) light rays coming from their inner reactor that's about to explode. :cool:

I don't quite get that last part.

Do you mean: "if I see a single blade of green grass in a yellow field, I would believe the whole thing would look better in green"?

I do agree, If the commander has visual damaged states, then other big stuff should have them too.
  17. schuesseled192

That is essentially what I said, although, yes the slang may have confused you. I apologise.
  18. masterevar

masterevar Active Member

A feature i´d like, a scenario editor(comes after a more detailed system editor has been implemented).
  19. stonewood1612

Thanks for necroing my thread sort of. I still have to update the list here and there, but most of it's good. A scenario editor isn't really what I would consider a detail, dunno if somebody keeps a list of big features yet to be implemented (maybe I should make on huh?), but that suggestion would definitely go on there. But thanks anyway for posting on me old thread! ;)

I removed the lines that were considered DONE, the list became smaller by a decent chunk! Good! But I did add a couple more ideas, like the rings for gas giants.

oh and w00t 500th post! yay party! :p
    kjotak109 and masterevar like this.
  20. stonewood1612

Updated, the list got slightly smaller. No new suggestions were added recently, in a good way. :)

I might go and look at my other thread about icons (that is seriously old and outdated), there might be a few suggestions there still.