I'm going to seriously cry..

Discussion in 'Support!' started by rimizak, August 10, 2014.

1. websterx01

websterx01 Post Master General

Way back when I was new to computers it was tough to understand all of this stuff. There are still things that I can't explain, but I understand how they affect performance. Computers are complicated things when you get into the details of the components!

Good luck with the upgrade! I'm guessing that you'll have to bottom out your settings in order to play-- but hey! You can play!

Also, if you haven't already, I suggest switching to a non-aero (basic) theme, it will allow your GPU to perform a bit better, and considering how low end it is, you'll need to squeeze out all you can get. (Not a dig on your laptop, it just wasn't built with gaming in mind :p)
  2. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

Ram is the easiest component of !most laptops to replace. I have some experience replacing everything from motherboards to RAM cards, and its very user friendly. The hardest part is getting the right cards. Like Stuart said, make sure you research this thoroughly before making a decision. I'd also research specific cards and make sure they work with the OS and current RAM that you have.

Despite what I say about it being easy, watch a video or two on YouTube about replacing laptop RAM. That should contain all the appropriate cautionary tales and whatnot to keep you from breaking the computer :)
  3. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

The take away message from this thread: Save up for a proper desktop at the earliest possible convenience :)
    kjotak109 likes this.
  4. rimizak

rimizak Member

The RAM will arrive between the 18th and the 21st...so until then...guess its just waiting time. Oh also is the backers lounge used anymore? I know the mods said they didn't want it to loose meaning but I mean its almost 1.0 so..
  5. rimizak

rimizak Member

UPDATE: I seemed to forget my sister has my EXACT laptop, so I (heh) borrowed her RAM for a few minutes and HOO LEEE SH*T it loaded in a minute or 2 and ran smooth as budda. And that was single player. I made an offline server with a bit real quick and because you load the planets PRIOR, it literally took seconds to load! I CANNOT thank you guys enough for recommending the extra RAM, I had no idea it would be this easy to fix the game. Now I just have one thing left to do-start being good at PA XD
  6. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Glad you got the issue fixed. :cool:
  7. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

And better yet, you can now sound very professional about laptop RAM to your friends :)