DEVS: Single player concerns (Edited)

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by truekilden, August 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truekilden

truekilden New Member

Dear DEVS..

Please let me know whay you make a total annihilation clone and then just make the worst single player strategy game, perhaps ever?

Galaxy war is a bad joke. Apparently only there to suck money out of unsuspecting people...
    I feel that you ripped me off, and stole my money due to the horrible state of the single player experience.

-Random techs on plantes.
    -Random starting places (you can start and have to fight rigth away with only basic techs)
    -AI have access to techs you dont.
    -Zero story.
    -No fractions

All in all this makes for a really bad single player experience. Really Soulless experience.
    The result of all this is that you end up restarting and restarting the map over and over again, untill you tech combination that does not leave you totally messed after 6-8 matches, when it gets harder. This random approch might work on normal (easy) mode. But any other difficulty level will leave you just running for the doors...

You will spend more time starting the game all over again, that you will actually fighting enemys. Just bad lasy game design.

I seriously hope that you invest some time in making this a nice single player experience -or- tell the people, that is looking for nice single player action, not to waste theit money on this game because you really dont care that they have a good time.

Please do something about this or make an effort out of telling people that your single player game is really shitty and people should only buy this game if the want to play a soulless multiplayer battles.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

lol, game isn't finished bro.
    melhem19 and squishypon3 like this.
  3. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

4. Frederikam

Frederikam New Member

First of all: this game isn't finished.

If you don't like being limited, you can always try a "multiplayer" game versus bots, set your own battlefield etc. AI have tech that you don't have, the point is to be creative with what you got.

There's plenty of lore (uberent.com/pa/2014/03/26/lore-summary-past-present-future/), and I have no idea how you missed the fact that you're a faction in yourself, against three other factions.

Consider trying a multiplayer match.
    squishypon3 likes this.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

/sarcasm/ Yep, because FTL is shitty too, and for exactly the same reasons. /sarcasm/

Oh wait, no it's not. Rogue likes can be tons of fun, guess their just not for everybody... Anyway.

-Random tech is the only thing that gives GW some fun about it, if it didn't have it... it'd pretty much just be a long chain of skirmishes.
    -Random starting place... Why does that even matter? Also there's a couple other classes you can unlock later if you play more, and beat the bosses.
    -There's quite a bit of story actually, have you not noticed the little boxes in the top right? That's a bunch of lore/story right there!
    -There's actually a couple factions, no separate units for them, but that's only because it'd take a lot of time, this is an early access game remember.

Also, try to be a bit more constructive, if you're just going to yell and say the single players sucks- no one's going to listen.
    websterx01 likes this.
  6. truekilden

truekilden New Member

I listed a bunch of things they need to adress in my OP. I guess you just cant read?
  7. igncom1

No we can read, but you might want to check your spelling.
  8. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

The one good point here is that Uber really needs to make GW a separate button in the main menu and DON'T hide skirmish (single-player vs AI) in multiplayer.

All the rest has the same answer : the game ain't done.
    spittoon likes this.
  9. igncom1

Well multiplayer doesn't mean that it's only against people.

Multiplayer literally means multiple players, which can include the AI.
  10. melhem19

melhem19 Active Member

Don't Judge a Book by its Cover
  11. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

No. AI are not players. Opponents, yes, but not players. Players are people who play the game.

Scrimish should not be hidden under "multiplayer" button.
  12. igncom1

The AI is a player, just not a human player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Player_(game)
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

websterx01 and igncom1 like this.
  14. igncom1

Grrrr!
  15. Geers

Rawr?
    squishypon3 and igncom1 like this.
  16. Geers

Why not? The only other purpose of a cover is to keep the book intact.
    igncom1 likes this.
  17. stonewood1612

stonewood1612 Well-Known Member

If the AI is a player, what is single player supposed to be? Sandbox?

Just follow classic rts terminology. Singleplayer includes campaign, skirmish, scenarios,... unless they are co-op which is considered multiplayer. The confusion about where skirmish is, is already large enough, it really shouldn't be in hiding multiplayer.

Now multiplayer CAN include AI, but it's supposed to be for human players. singleplayer only allows AI and is optimized for that. So when people are looking for vs AI games where would they go?
  18. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Drive by repost from Steam. OP is not apparently interested in discussion. Locking thread, as little constructive can come out of this, given the inflammatory nature of the title.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.