Better counter to tactical missiles!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ArchieBuld, August 10, 2014.

1. ArchieBuld

ArchieBuld Active Member

I've seen on the forums that some people think Hornets are too strong, and they need a better counter then spamming Hummingbirds. I've seen some people mentioning this before, but I decided to bring this idea back.

So we have the Gil-E, which can shoot down tactical missiles, but what if we want to defend an area or a unit, from beeing sniped by a Hornet or some Bluehawks. Instead of sending Gil-Es there to stand in one place and shoot down the missiles, why don't we have a stationary tactical missile defense tower. That would solve some problems, and we could have more variety in case of defense towers. With this change we could have more tactical missile launchers that have wider range.

I know most of the people don't like binary units and structures and perfect counters to a specific type of unit, but I think it wouldn't hurt the gameplay that much. What do you think?
    gerii likes this.
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Or, you can put more gil-e's around your defences.

Or, you can just use units to kill the launchers before they get into position.

Or you can use your own tactical missiles to kill theirs.

Or you can use artillery to shoot them.

Or you can nuke them.

Or you can asteroid them.

Or you can sxx laser them.

Or, perhaps even, if the moons align, you can asteroid them, twice.
    masterevar and emraldis like this.
  3. ArchieBuld

ArchieBuld Active Member

That can be said to everything that needs to be countered ><
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

That's why it was said.
    Geers and ArchieBuld like this.
  5. bluestrike01

bluestrike01 Active Member

Don't play that frequent and Zaphod hasn't posted much vids lately so I was a bit suprised with this new tactic.
    I managed pretty well in a team of 2 teamed players against me situation, countering with mobile T2 arty and mobile T1AA until team 3 threw a planet on my head :)

Next time i'l add gil-es to the mix.
    ArchieBuld likes this.