Galactic War: Build 70289

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, August 10, 2014.

1. talakhallen6191

talakhallen6191 New Member

I'm also having this issue. Still trying to find a solution. Might just have to wait.
  2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Are you using the Uber Launcher or Steam?

I haven't downloaded the latest build yet, but I'll check back in a few minutes.

EDIT: I just launched PA (newest build) through Steam and I don't have this sign-in error. I will be trying through the Uber Launcher now.

EDIT 2: Uber Launcher works perfectly fine.
    Last edited: August 10, 2014
  3. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

This update sounds badass. The balance, bugs, and details are all coming together. Halleys align opposite of planet movement when active, dox sound badass, performance is still getting faster and faster to load for me.
    warrenkc likes this.
  4. talakhallen6191

talakhallen6191 New Member

I've been trying through Steam. It seems to have sorted itself though now.
  5. kjotak109

I just created a new system in the system editor, and now it takes much less time to render small planets. Also, I cannot set the planet radius to be < 200. Prior to the new patch, I was able to set the radius to as low as 50.

I'm going to try a match with the AI and report back when the match is done.

Edit: See my next post for review and bug reporting:
  6. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I had way too much fun doing that. Lost count of the number of people I pulled over to my desk to see it in action. :)
  7. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

Pretty please Uber? I'd love to activate my new commanders and show them off ingame :(.
  8. kjotak109

This build is awesome! I just finished my first AI match on this version with a planet smash, and I smashed the enemy commander right where he was!

new planet smash.jpg

The Dox assault bots seem to take less time to build, which makes them even more appealing. But sometimes the formations get screwed up after I move an army.

Also, there is a bug with lathes at a certain distance until I zoom in. Pictures below:

Dox formation bug 1.jpg

ghost lathe bug.jpg

FPS is good for the most part and the new sounds rock, but the server lag appears to be much worse. I get pauses every few seconds or so when I move units or tell them to build something. This needs to get fixed because server pauses and lag detract from my playing experience.

Other than that, everything is fine. Keep up the good work, Uber! :)
    warrenkc and stuart98 like this.
  9. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

I saw the lathe bug as well.
    kjotak109 likes this.
  10. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

The problem is the person in question has been out of the office. We'll get it addressed ASAP, but it may be another week.
    drewsuser, Shwyx and kjotak109 like this.
  11. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

Alright - thanks for the update!
  12. thetrophysystem

Game end seems to crash for me. Commander death that is. No, I am not being a smart ***, the white glare effect is where it freezes at. Looks like it would have been a neat explosion too...
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Tasks closed/fixed on bug tracker for 70289:
    • PA#3776 - Hotkeys can select things that the unit can't build
    • PA#3830 - On settings page first option is always highlighted green as selected in drop down menus
    • PA#3851 - Can't use Coherent-based hotkeys while holding shift
    • PA#3896 - Debug cam causes crash if you toggled when view wasn't locked to a planet
    kjotak109 likes this.
  14. Remy561

Remy561 Post Master General

Why was the unit wreckage removed?

Rest of the changes look awsome!! Gonna try this build later today :)
  15. duncane

duncane Active Member

And that's the kind of direct and obvious feedback we all like.
  16. thetrophysystem

Naval benefits from it. My Naval Redux mod always removed naval wreckage (wreckage health fract : 0.0). Naval snowballs fights off it, the first naval unit to die blocks all the allied naval units around it which gets the group killed based on the blockage of the first unit to die.

I always thought base fights and field fights were interesting from wreckage, land navigating it isn't so bad, it creates interesting tactics between which side of a base to weave through and such. Naval suffers from how wreckage kills the progression of slow units through limited pathingway.
  17. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Nothing wrong with wreckage in the sea, as long as it sinks. Which it doesn't. I don't know why that's so difficult to sort out, but apparently it is. I loved reclaiming those big, juicy ship wrecks in TA. And it meant you couldn't just go and mindlessly throw your army right at the enemy base; you'd be doubly punished when your opponent benefited from what used to be your metal.

Wreckage on land, well. Makes me wish metal was more scarce, to make reclaiming wreckages more interesting (like it was in TA; in this respect, unit and resource balance in PA is totally different.). Being blocked by wreckage on land somehow feels more legit, in part because land units don't suffer nearly as much as ships. So you have the obstruction without the endless frustration of never being able to get past.

Edit: @garat I think someone forgot to mention Dox sight radius increase in these patch notes?
    thelordofthenoobs likes this.
  18. thetrophysystem

Imsvale likes this.
  19. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

Oh right, they're in different places. :p

Lava doesn't seem to be lava anymore. Two planets in a row, able to walk in lava. Just now, I spawned in lava and it's the same as land. Did I miss something?
  20. liltbrockie

liltbrockie Active Member

Its a known bug
    Imsvale likes this.