Assassin Should Have to Uncloak First

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by Bungle, January 27, 2011.

1. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

To clear things up I believe he was saying that the Assassin's OP'ness does not come from her ability to kill Pros but in fact from her ability to destroy defenses?
  2. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

i don't think she is OP in that aspect, a gunner would be called OP at that i guess?
  3. PKC

PKC New Member

Well, I'm not talking about simplistic, pro v pro combat balance you presumptuous little turd. I understand the game just fine thanks; I know being a child of console you probably think MNC is the deepest game ever, and requires hours of study to grasp its nuanced mechanics. Newsflash: it isn't.

i suspect you simply haven't faced some of the truly exceptional assassins, and don't understand the inequitable amount of resources/time/consideration that must be spent in dealing with the assassin as a juicing base rapist. yes, this is mitigated somewhat by having a strong team, focusing on farming denial etc, but remains inequitable nonetheless. the assassin requires the most resources/time/consideration to nullify inside your base, and no other pro is as dangerous went left to its own devices. Not necessarily by a huge margin, certainly nowhere near as bad as they were before Uber's nerf (the nerf they made needlessly, according to you), but still there to an extent.

but, keep shooting all those shitty assassins in the face and thinking you're really good, kid.
  4. DeadStretch

My FPS' are crap and I am still able to CC a juiced Assassin. What does that say?
  5. PKC

PKC New Member

more or less. assassins are too efficient at juicing your base and require an inequitable amount of effort to counter (with regards to area denial and/or turtling), when compared to all other pros. essentially, they weren't quite fixed in the recent nerf. im not QQing and suggesting huge changes coz some 'sin stabbed me in the back, just reporting on some really, really good assassins ive seen in action (both with and against). they were completely unstoppable. i havent seen other pros be unstoppable.
  6. PKC

PKC New Member

i dunno. that your assassin wasn't speed endorsed and lunging from turret to turret while you and/or your team flailed hopelessly out of reach?
  7. Smaxx

Smaxx New Member

My thoughts on "having to uncloak first":
    This won't help you at all if you don't know what's behind you. Overall it will make playing vs. Assassins even harder, cause you'll no longer be able to hope to hear the humming sound. I'd even consider it a buff for Assassins as more people would backstab the "more professional" way then. ;)
  8. BamBam11

BamBam11 New Member

I hate it when people say *least favorite class here* needs a nerf.

It doesn't. Assassin is great at destroying bots and with good juice gain turrets too, her "ohk" has to wait 15 or so seconds till it works again. If she could do the grapples back to back it would be over powered. I recommend playing assassin and seeing how overpowered it is....../rant
  9. DeadStretch

My least "favorite class to play" in the Sniper. There is only one nerf I can think of and that's explosive rounds. The only thing I dislike about Sniper 3 is the fact that it can "proc" off of multiple bots/enemies.
  10. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

I think this is mostly due in my part. I'm very excellent at assassins and very rarely get rolled by another team. If they do, I adapt to their play style and I get around on the servers. My gamer name is {CJB}|Decker. I'm one of the best Assassins I've ever seen on this game. Not to say I've seen every player. But I get a lot of people bitching that Assassins OP. But I can do the same thing with a tank, or a gunner, or a support, or an assault or sniper.

In my noobier days, I've been rolled by many other classes. The one that's been countering me lately is Assaults and they've rolled the rest of my team too. I've had snipers out grapple me from 3 feet further than I could even touch them with my dash and they had something like 60-0. You can counter an assassin. I do it constantly, good or bad.

I've recieved some amazing compliments today, as well. Saying I'm one of the only assassins that knows what the hell she's doing and not being called a haxor for rolling entire teams and making essentially double or more cash earned.

That's really easy to counter, stay away from bots. Without it, the sniper becomes a complete pro hunter, I personally love it for bot hunting and assassin mitigation.
  11. finalbossXi

finalbossXi New Member

nuff said. a single assassin rolling entire teams. from "one of the best". there you go.
    nerf time.
  12. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

assassins being able to get through enemy lines make them perfect for shooter games: they are the factor that keeps a team from being camped on. their juice is a factor that keeps a team from being camped out. they break the balance that would be abused if there were only firepower classes.

what about the medic/support? they dont fit the shooter, they dont kill, they only assist. remove them too?

and i dont play assassin. i just know a game without assassin would be a game of completely retarded n00b tryhard gun-ho map-control bullcrap. if you like that, may i recommend this title for your gaming pleasure?

[​IMG]

-camp the corner outside their spawn.
    -???
    -WIN!
  13. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Erm, are we both playing the same MNC? Because I can get plenty of kills depending on how well my firebase is placed and how many assassins are trying to grapple me... :D
    (And I have just started playing Support...)
  14. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Nerf Tank for his deathblossom spam, nerf Gunner cause he spams minigun too much, buff deploy because it's USELESS wah wah wah, sniper is OP because of pros playing it too well, nerf assassin because the players that know how to play it well can actually win it for their team.

That's what I'm hearing... maybe I'm on the wrong page?
  15. Providence

Providence New Member

If the best assassin in the game thinks she's OP, then it must be true.
  16. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7448

you saw those bars, right? assassins can be good. assaults can be good. in my opinion, nothing is too outlandishly overpowered in this game. and if its anything, its the assault. and i dont support any nerfs except to bomb-spam.
  17. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I had a feeling this:
    was sarcasm.
  18. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

its not hard to stop a juiced or non juiced assassin, even when juice they die fast, you can grapple them to stop them from destroying your base, when they're not juiced they die almost instantly (i play a gunner and very few assassins run armor since they aren't very good) im just sick of hearing about the assassin is OP blah blah blah, its no where near OP stop your complaining and get better, i have gone up against a good assassin, at first you might get destroyed but you learn to deal with them its not something that is impossible.
  19. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

From my experience in 2 games on the 360, I think that you're right they should uncloak first; though they don't really have to.
  20. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

If one chooses to harass you, you get a lot of free kills. You also get to keep the best lane pusher on their team occupied while your team pushes into their base.