Beta ProTag isn't unlocked for me

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by [fox], February 4, 2011.

1. [fox]

[fox] New Member

I know it's just a ProTag, but I'm sort of a completionist, and it's currently greyed out for me. I was actively playing in the Beta (well before the first test reset), and I guess the game thinks I haven't. I bought MNC for my friends, since they didn't have paypal and that might be the cause for this glitch (as I bought it for them after the game was past its Beta phase). Just wanted to let this issue be known since I haven't seen topics about it yet, and the update was just released.
  2. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

3. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Sorry I just want to say...
    Mibuwolf with the ninja delete.
  4. grover

grover New Member

Also have this issue
  5. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

start a match with beta gear on to unlock the Protag.
  6. Smaxx

Smaxx New Member

And how about missing beta armors to unlock the tag? ;)

Seems like there are several people having this issue who preordered the game on Steam during it's beta and played as well. If there was some kind of deadline before the game's release, please add it to the patch notes and/or change it to release time. Bought the game the weekend before release due to missing time, played till level 2x and only got some white/non-golden armor.

Edit:
    For those interested, Ekanaut already posted on steam forums:
    Please update your patch notes if possible - right now people expect to get the gear, even if they bought it right before release. :)
  7. Ethan8-bit

Ethan8-bit New Member

I bought Monday Night Combat about 30 minutes-1 hour before it came out on January 24th. Would that qualify for the beta gear or no, because it's not available for me.
  8. Smaxx

Smaxx New Member

No, according to the post, you won't. Only those who bought it before 24th January. I guess everyone who bought it till 23rd January 23:59 (server time/Valve time/whatever) qualify for it.
  9. Ethan8-bit

Ethan8-bit New Member

Ah okay. Thanks for the input.
  10. iPsycho

iPsycho New Member

I need my gears and tag, I bought a pre-order the game for $13.49, where it was written that I automatically get access to the beta test.
  11. DeadStretch

Please do explain the differences?
  12. iPsycho

iPsycho New Member

In the news says "Added Preseason Hero Pro Gear Armor and Protag for players that bought the game during BETA".
    I bought the game there was a BETA.
    When I bought the game, then clearly it was writed that in the pre-order (which I did), I automatically become a BETA-tester.
    What problem ?
  13. Smaxx

Smaxx New Member

DeadStretch:
    There's no issue in setting some specific deadline (as Ekanaut pointed out). The issue are different statements between Steam Store/patch notes/actual patch.

Steam Store said you're able to participate in Beta if you preorder the game - till the game was released.
    Steam allowed you to play the Beta until the game was released, even on 24th January.
    Most games issue preorder bonuses to everyone who actually preordered the game (no specific date/deadline other than the exact release time involved; even 5 minutes before count).
    The patch notes essentially say "everyone who played the Beta get it". They don't say "everyone who bought the game before 24th January get it".

I don't think people would be upset having 24th January in the patch notes. However the patch notes clearly state that everyone who played Beta get it. So people read it, they know they played in the Beta (even if it was just something like 5 minutes) and they expect to get the stuff. They log in and the stuff isn't there so they assume it's a bug or there is something wrong with their account till they find that single official posting which will be a let down essentially telling them "sorry, no stuff for you". It should also be noted that even just saying "24th January" won't be specific enough for the deadline they set as there are different timezones and for some people the deadline might have been even on 23rd January or 25th January.

I don't think anyone got any issue with not getting some rewards others get for playing the beta for days/weeks. It's just the "be happy, you'll get something" followed by the "no, sorry, you won't get it" once you actually log in due to missing explanations/details.
  14. DeadStretch

Smaxx thanks for all of that info but I guess I should have added more thought.

What I was asking is what is the difference between retro gear and beta gear. I will admit I have barely played the game past Update 5 pre-launch (beta) so most of this is just greek to me.

P.s. WTF am I doing up this late?!? I look out my window and I see the Sun coming up...WTF! Ian it is almost 7am here FU and your MNC drinking game! And dude I am been drinking since 12 noon my time!
  15. Smaxx

Smaxx New Member

Ahhh ... okay. The Preseason Hero/Beta gear is essentially the same as the Retro gear just with an added piece of golden armor (e.g. Assassin's right shoulder pad). It's not really something ultra special.
  16. iPsycho

iPsycho New Member

You can now change the time and do as requested by the peoples. And to do so gears were given for the BETA(!!!). What's stopping you?
  17. grimbar

grimbar New Member

The original intended launch date was 24th of january, just sayin'
  18. Smaxx

Smaxx New Member

Update on the "no beta stuff for 'last minute pre-orders'":
  19. iPsycho

iPsycho New Member

We will be able to get BETA gears and tag ?