Is the social features working already?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by fabiotche, April 25, 2014.

1. calken

calken New Member

After much messing around, my brother and I couldn't get the invite system to work.

Alternatively, I logged in via Pidgin using xmpp.uberent.com. I can login fine and I added my brother as a buddy. When you hover over his account it says Error 404: Remote server not found.

I also found this:

https://

xmpp.net/

result.php?id=17498

(Which I can't post as a link as I'm a new user)
  2. jamiem

jamiem Active Member

Also, me and 2 friends cannot add or see each other, even though we always play together. It worked several builds back, something got updated and now it never works.
  3. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Its not working atm. ive been trying to add a friend for weeks, he never gets the invites, and wise versa. Its kinda sad, it doesnt just use steam list.

I dont get why developers are afraid that the steam version of a game is superior :S Its like some devs dont wanna use cloud save, and im like is it my fault that the dev dont offer that, so no we wont use steam features. everyone loses on that imo.
  4. rivii

rivii Well-Known Member

In my case the ones that are in my friends list never show online when they are and the recently played list contains every single person I have ever played ever.. which makes an immensly long list as time goes by.
  5. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

A lot of us. Apart from myself, pretty much everyone in team Burning and 5 of my friends can't use any of the social features at all, chat doesn't work, invites don't work, can't see each other online even if once in a blue moon the invites do work. etc.
  6. fissure

fissure Member

It hasn't worked for me for a while. All my friends are offline, always. I tried adding someone, who I know tried adding me as well just a few days ago, and neither of us received invites from the other.
  7. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

@BradNicholson, having similar issues to everybody in this thread. Can't add people for example.
  8. KNight

KNight Post Master General

So you think it'd be better if PA used Steam Features only instead of having it's own system that people who aren't using Steam can use?

It's not that Steam doesn't have a good system.

Mike
    lokiCML and corteks like this.
  9. SatanPetitCul

SatanPetitCul Active Member

lol

This feature is supposed to work ?! Because i know nobody who use it :p
    warrenkc likes this.