Please make spectator chat visible on default uber!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mot9001, August 4, 2014.

1. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I couldn't say GL HF twice yesterday in spectator slot and i couldn't respond to people talking to me.
    Twinstar, improvised1, ef32 and 8 others like this.
  2. SolitaryCheese

SolitaryCheese Post Master General

mishtakashi and Shwyx like this.
  3. Shwyx

Shwyx Well-Known Member

Yes please. Being locked out of chat upon defeat in a large FFA game is utterly frustrating.
    elvisior likes this.
  4. mot9001

I can totally understand if a host wants it to be so that spectators cannot chat with players. But in most cases i think it is not a problem and even frustrating sometimes maybe. Therefor i suggest changing it around so that the default is visible, but the host still has a choice to turn it off if he wants.
  5. RoCKAA

RoCKAA New Member

i think its good as it is when you can set in on/off with poeple you know ive doing a random game always the change somone cannot cantrol them self and start spoiling possition eco + army
  6. nguk9

nguk9 New Member

+1 agree
  7. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Pleeeeaaaase
    squishypon3 likes this.
  8. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

i can see it now.."hey blue organge is building 5 nukes in the same area! and he haves no anti-nukes yat!" Blue: ok :D *fires nukes all over his base"
  9. FSN1977

FSN1977 Active Member

I have seen many times specs' spoiling the fun for players who is playing.
  10. drewsuser

drewsuser Active Member

Have you played any patch other than the latest? You must know that kind of thing happens rarely. C'mon.
  11. nuketf

nuketf Active Member

im saying for when its done and if its on by default and little brats are mad they can't get into the battle so they watch and do this
  12. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

Even if spectators are locked out of chat, the game should allow it again once the game ends. I just had a great game last night that went on for 25 minutes before I finally lost all hope of survival and sent my commander out to face the invading vanguard horde for glory and honor. My commander exploded, the other guy said "gg" and "rematch?" and I was left speechless. Now I have no glories and no honors. :(
    cwarner7264 and Quitch like this.
  13. cptconundrum

cptconundrum Post Master General

At the time it felt more like this.

But then I was like this.
  14. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

NO guys, sure our community is more mature, that's the argument we used for global chat.

But let's keep our efforts focused towards global chat. we can have one, we can't have both.

And while I cannot fathom what damage global chat could possibly do, I can certainly see how damaging this would be to a game attempting to become an E-sport.

too many people would abuse this to rashly avenge themselves by telling the others where the others are and what they are doing.

(Of course, if it's a 1v1 though, it's obvious there's no point blocking)
  15. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

God no, spectator chat being off by default is a wonderful thing now that the game defaults to allowing them. What Uber should do is instead ignore the setting once the game has registered a winner, or just move everyone to spectator chat.
    stuart98, cptconundrum and mayhemster like this.
  16. mot9001

That would still be pretty annoying but an improvement to what it is now. I play this game a lot and i never met people that would use spectator chat to speak about hidden strats or anything. I believe 99% of the players playing this game are old enough to know they shouldn't ruin the game for eachother. On top of that, i would write down his name to make sure i never join a game where that person is in anymore.

As far as i encountered players are just playing the game, not purposely ruining it for eachother by using lameass strats.
  17. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

I've met a number of spectators who either talk ****, or give away stuff sometimes without meaning to because people suck at self-spoilering. It's likely not the majority, but it's enough that I like default off for spectator chat, at least until the day comes where I can mute players.