Servers Stop Advertising after Map Change?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Dedicated Server Discussion' started by faded, February 5, 2011.

1. faded

faded New Member

Hello,

I am running 4 Severs atm which were running fine before the new dedicated package.
    Ive changed over all the files to the new Dedicated Server packages and booted everything up successfully.

Within 10 mins all four servers were full and advertising in my favorites and general fine.
    I noticed about 20 minutes after (Guessing Mapchange), they were no longer advertising but they were still either full or had multiple users in them..

Does anyone else have this issue? Seems like they must be because the servers dropped from 50 to 23 once my issue began doing this too..

Any ideas??
  2. feroxium

feroxium New Member

Did you account for the MNC update 2 patch released today? If your dedicated servers are still running patch 1, updated clients can't see your servers anymore. And the client autoupdates via steam.

I would suggest you use the new HLDS feature to reinstall the servers, and be sure to make a backup of your batchfiles.
  3. faded

faded New Member

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.
    Ive reinstalled all the gameservers via HLDS as you mentioned early today when the patch was first released.. All 4 servers were listed in my favs and general for 20 mins or so..

I know all 4 servers are running and are full since when I attempt to connect via open ip:port it states its full.. Maybe its just a client side issue on my server.

Can someone check to see if they can find these servers:
    [aJ-Op] AjointOperation.com MNC Server #1
    [aJ-Op] AjointOperation.com MNC Server #2
    RagedGamers.com MNC Server
    and Server Sales! Add jayisunfaithful via steam <-- lol

Those are the 4 I have online and all seem full..

But yea as stated, Ive already update all servers to the new dedi package offered today and they were advertising..

**Edit, none are displaying but all are full.. (1 have 1 even running via .bat so I can see its full).. Im guessing its a clientside issue..
  4. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I remember seeing that one after the patches. The name kinda stuck out... ;P
  5. faded

faded New Member

hehe.. Indeed its quite the eyecatcher lol..
    I have a Dedi server with TCAdmin in Chicago with only 27% cpu being used and barely any mem being used... Looking to fill it up a little bit and help pay the bills lol.. Offering them really cheap just to get some help heh..

Anyways, Im guessing this is just a client side bug. Servers been full (off and on) for the last 3-4 hours so its def. visible to others.. Otherwise Im clueless with thats wrong lol.

Thanks for the help if anyone can suggest anything else to try.. (Note all 4 servers are running (and full off and on) and were displaying fine earlier as said in the OP)..
  6. faded

faded New Member

Update:

Installed 2 more servers on my Virginia Dedicated server which is different from the ones Im having issues with.

Anyways, both servers no longer appear in my browser window again.. Just like the other 4.. Its def. a client side issue..

Anyone else having this? I only see 30 servers up cause of this..
    Let me know! Thanks guys!
  7. faded

faded New Member

So any updates guys?
    I rebooted all servers this morning, all were visible..

20 minutes later, 2 out of 6 servers are now visible. :-/
    Is there a Log file I can see of errors? I know in the command line it shows a Logfile but I cant seem to find it..

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks guys
  8. dustoff

dustoff New Member

Dumb question but have you checked to see if the show full servers button is clicked .

Might want to double check it ,
  9. faits

faits New Member

I'm having issues with my server(s) not showing up too. But there seems to be something weird with the server browser as a whole, so I don't know.

What's happening is the server browser will only be showing like five servers, so I refresh and it shows about twenty. Refresh again and it only shows one. My server initially shows up in both internet and lan tabs, but when I check later it only shows up on the lan tab.
  10. Col_Jessep

Just to make sure and because it happened to me yesterday: Have you checked that your map filter is not set to display AmmoMule? I was like: WTF where are all my favorites... :D
  11. faded

faded New Member

Thanks Jesse.. Thats exactly what the issue was.. Was only Filtered for AmmoMule.. Odd thing was I never noticed that last night.. lol.. I figured it was something dumb I was doing on my end lol.. =D

Your the man Jesse.
    Thanks to everyone else that was helping..
  12. faits

faits New Member

Someone mentioned the ammomule thing in another thread, and that's not what's causing my issue. Changing the filter to all and then refreshing will show a different number of servers each time I refresh (sometimes twenty, sometimes just one, when I was seeing 60+ servers prior to this most recent update.)

my server has been full for like an hour now since the last time I restarted it though, so I assume it's showing just fine and the server browser problem is something just I am having
  13. Col_Jessep

I aim to please, faded. Have fun! :D

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble faits.