Suggestion: All tactical missles target orbital aswell.

Discussion in 'Balance Discussions' started by mot9001, July 25, 2014.

1. mot9001

mot9001 Well-Known Member

I think they should only have a small circle directly on top of their head where they could target in the orbital shell, only if you have orbital vision/radar. I think it would be nice for balance (it would make sure that anchorspam has more counters for example). The umbrella would still be usefull because it has more range and it is tier 1. I tought about it for a bit and i think this could make the balance in the game a lot better.
    cdrkf and burntcustard like this.
  2. burntcustard

burntcustard Post Master General

Ground based, mobile counter to Anchors and SXXs yayayaya
    stuart98 likes this.
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Most tactical missile units do this in RCBM. It's pretty great.

We really need units that can fire against the orbital layer so we have more ways to attack Anchors other than to build 20 Avengers.

I support this idea.
  4. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

I think that there need to be more (and properly balanced) orbital units that shoot the ground layer as well.
  5. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I suggested this a long time ago too. As well as targetting air ofc.

Great minds think alike though.

Tactical missiles aren't used by tons of units in that other mod, umbrellas just shoot down orbital and air, and some units will too.

Still, tactical missiles shooting down orbital gives bots a big utility. As long as that t2 bomber... idk, that seems like it would be OP if it could unless range reduce.
  6. mot9001

Recently i got anchorcreeped more often, since this strategy is about as lame as the peltercreep strat from alpha i think it should be made less viable like the peltercreep aswell. This looks like a way to do that while adding awesome and making better T2 veh-bot-air balance imo.
  7. Geers

Geers Post Master General

For a smidge of more realism: T2 Anti-sat jet. Or an anti-sat boat.
  8. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

I like the idea of tactical missiles being able to target space, although there needs to be better ways to invade planets from orbit. It's already very easy to lock down a planet and make it impossible to land on. We don't want to make it worse.
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

Would make invasions even more of a pain imo ... Also why have umbrelas then ...
  10. mot9001

Umbrella's have a large area where they can target. Tactical missle units only can aim at a very small area right on top of them.
  11. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

yes to boat, no to jet

wont matter much for the advantage of more dp shoot and mobility
    Last edited: July 30, 2014
  12. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

So because orbital transports are barely functional, there can be no additional types of anti-satellite in the air and land layers.
  13. mot9001

The umbrella is a basic building, you can make it with every fabricator. At the moment it is relatively cheap if you see how much metal cost of units it can shoot down. Also, instead of having to make like an advanced bot lab and 50 advanced bots you make 1 umbrella. The only thing i see as a potential problem is the T2 bomber being too powerfull so that might need some tought.
  14. l3tuce

l3tuce Active Member

What if we allowed tac missiles to target space, but also allowed space units to target air units?