Easiest class to get good at vs hardest class to master

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Strategy and Tactics' started by Gichin, February 4, 2011.

1. Gichin

Gichin New Member

Just wondering what peoples' opinions are on this topic--what class do you think is easiest to get good with? What class is hardest? Furthermore, do you have a graded scale of classes, from easiest learning curve to hardest??

I ask because I am fairly new to the game--I find assault to be my best class now as a newbie, and endlessly entertaining.

I always prided my skill as an assassin in other games but going from assault to sin I normally do either OK, or get owned pretty hard. Oh well tho, practice makes perfect right? Anyone have any tips for me to get better with sin?

I haven't even TRIED to eff around with sniper yet. Support is over my head as of now as well (I hope to gain more knowledge of each playing field before i dive into a support character...)
  2. Deeja

Deeja New Member

In order from easiest I'd say

1. Gunner
    2. Assault
    3. Tank
    4. Assassin
    5. Support
    6. Sniper

I don't have much experience with the assassin but your priority should be killing bots to build up juice to kill turrets. Killing enemies is secondary.
  3. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Assault seems to me to have the highest skill ceiling. He has so many options for mobility, and the bomb has huge potential

Easiest to do decently with.. probably gunner.
  4. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

I think support has a little wiggle room to be considered a bit easier because you're basically just making tactical decisions based on firebase placement and hacking along with healing. Not a whole lot of gun skill involved, just know what you're supposed to do.
  5. Vampwood

Vampwood New Member

Easiest is probably Support because you have very short range with easy to aim weapons.

Hardest is assault, grenade launcher bouncing, mobility choices, bomb prediction.

Assault is closely followed by gunner.
  6. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Yeah bomb prediction is really hard. Place it on the top of a jump-pad and wait for the unsuspecting victim to walk by before you trigger it and roll him off the map. :roll:

Or you could throw it up in the air and detonate it before it hits the ground should you be in an intense situation! :twisted:
  7. StriderHoang

StriderHoang New Member

Yeeeaaaahh, once you upgrade to bomb 3, it's less about bomb prediction and more about picking a direction, throwing it, and detonating it. Dat blast radius is huge.

Assault feels more middle ground to me. Gun play is simple enough to experienced shooter fans. Skill curve ramps up when it comes to understanding how you should use skills like when to charge offensively or defensively, different and creative application of the bomb, knowing where the assault's fly can get you and how to exploit it. But it's not a terrible curve.

Tank and assassin have rather high learning curves. The tank needs to deal with his awkward weakness at midrange combat. Close range he ravages with the jet gun and charge. Long range he can compensate with rail gun. But at midrange neither of the previous two tools work particularly efficiently. And you're gonna need to learn how to compensate for this because it will happen a lot.

Assassin, well, I don't want to go too in depth but to play assassin you'll definitely need a different state of mind as opposed to chasing kills like TDM.
  8. Arth

Arth New Member

Assassin.

Assassin is seriously good vs All

the only weakness they might have is counters from other pro's

but if they time there attack well and stealth dash towards a pro's back then none can stop the assassin.

biggest easy mode ive seen in quite a long time in gaming history
  9. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Don't give people hints/tips on how to get themselves killed! xD
  10. Arth

Arth New Member

lol then there doing it wrong :p

my experience is that i can easily get a minimum of 25-30 kills with assassin every match while i really have to fight for it with other classes. ( though i haven't given the sniper a serious spin yet )
  11. Deeja

Deeja New Member

[​IMG]
  12. Arth

Arth New Member

well ive only seen 1 person bunny hop so far and besides that every1 just neatly dies over my backstab.. so yea its reall for me
  13. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Oh you PC kids, with your wackiness. Everyone knows that each class except Tank is easymode, and Tank is easymode if you have a beard.
  14. Arth

Arth New Member

PC > Console any day though ;)
  15. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

DEAR GOD MAN YOU'VE DOOMED US ALL

ACTIVATE THE FLAME SHIELDS QUI-
  16. Bankshot

Bankshot New Member

I will agree that the tank is the hardest class to tear the map up with.
  17. Vampwood

Vampwood New Member

Obviously since its so easy why am I the only one able to control the bomb so well =/
  18. Aquafox

Aquafox New Member

Man i think the easiest class is support since you can defend pretty well and easy. the mos difficult for me is assassin because i dont like close quarters .
  19. The Noid

The Noid New Member

People saying Support is the easiest are not playing Support correctly.

If you're just defending and healing, you're doing it wrong.
  20. Gichin

Gichin New Member

This was the impression I got--playing support well enough to warrant a victory seems very difficult. Granted, you can play support, do ok, and have a killer team and stomp a victory in. I find consistently tho that if I'm pushing correctly and dropping firebases in the right spots, healing my turrets and players, it makes victory way easier.

Dropping firebases and shooting dumb people that get to close is always going to be easy. Knowing positioning and completely fulfilling the support role seems very hard. to me at least...