Reconnecting to the wrong game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by AyanZo, July 28, 2014.

1. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

This happens all the time.

Say I'm playing an FFA, I lose, return to main menu and join another. My UI crashes as usual, so I close and reload to rejoin the game. I end up joining the FFA again which welcomes me to the 'you've died etc.. screen' as a spectator rather than the new game I've joined. Once this happens, I can't join another game as I know my UI will 50% of the time crash and I'll be forced to rejoin the FFA or if the FFA concludes, it joins me to the game where I had to reload due to UI crash which at that time will be end game with my commander already detonating at 10 min idle if not annihilated.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Yeah this is a known bug- its down to you not exiting the previous game properly (due to your UI crash). The previous game is still going so PA see's you as still playing that as it never got the 'player left' message.

On the other hand, since the latest updates the UI has been pretty stable for me. I think you may have a config issue on your machine which I may be able to help with.

1: Can you post a DXDIAG report for your machine?
    2: Have you got any mods installed?
  3. AyanZo

AyanZo Active Member

0 mods, and UI crash being that I just lose input control, I don't actually lose any of the HUD.

I'm running at GTX 670, latest nvidia drivers, 24 GB of ram on linux.